shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloudy section from the side

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubes2112

Rough_Rock
Greetings,

Just found this forum and was hoping I could get some opinions regarding an engagement ring I just purchased. I'm a diamond-novice so any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

A few days after I bought the ring, my fiance' and I noticed that when you look at the diamond from any side, about 4/5 of the way down there is a line going through the stone and everything below to the tip is slightly cloudy (maybe even milky). From the top it seems like a beautiful diamond. Very firey and brilliant (as far as we can tell) The specs from the GIA cert. are the following :

Round Brilliant
Measurement 6.93-6.97 x 4.28mm
Weight : 1.27 carat
Depth : 61.6 %
Table : 60%
Girdle : Thin to slightly thick
Clarity: SI1
Faceted
Culet : none
Polish : Good
Color : G
Symmetry : Very Good
Fluorescence : none
Comments : Additional clouds are not shown

Price of diamond: $6400

Any and all comments are appreciated. I just want to make sure the diamond is what they said it is and if I got a decent deal.

Thanks!

Rubes

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I know a bit about diamonds, but am no expert. Still, I wouldn't think an SI1 diamond would be 1/5 cloudy.

Have you brought it to a reputable, local jeweler for their opinion?

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
I believe that this is a natural effect and that it is a reflection of some kind.

There is a great site called : www.goodoldgold.com

Click on the 4c's, then Clarity, then Clarity Tips. There is a picture of just what you are talking about.

rubes2112

Rough_Rock
Yes, I took it to a reputable jeweler and he said the stone matches up with the GIA cert. and that the clouding/line appears to be a reflection of the facets (or maybe the girdle)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results