shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloudy or Hazy Diamond Question?

mtruong

Rough_Rock
Can the F color IF clarity diamond be cloudy and hazy?

Reactions: AV_

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I saw someone mention @Garry H (Cut Nut) had referenced a D IF with similar issues. Not sure if that was a joke or a rare situation.

Perhaps he can further comment?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I saw someone mention @Garry H (Cut Nut) had referenced a D IF with similar issues. Not sure if that was a joke or a rare situation.

Perhaps he can further comment?

I would think if it was fluorescence causing the haziness, clarity would not be relevant? Anecdotally I hear fluorescence is more likely to cause an issue in DEF colors than lower colors, dunno how true that actually is though.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluor can certainly cause clarity or transparency issues in any color, not just D/E/F. But from what I recall of the comment I thought it had something to do with polishing. Could be wrong. This was a few days ago and I've been sick so maybe I'm remembering wrong.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Did you manage to take the stone to the appraiser or send to be graded at gia?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it has fluorescence that negatively impacts it, and or internal and/or surface graining then possibly yes.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd.

I suspect that none of the labs offers a formal procedure to contest grades; on the contrary. I do not know to instigate blind re-grading, except by another lab.

Tough, this ,(

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ctd.

I suspect that none of the labs offers a formal procedure to contest grades; on the contrary. I do not know to instigate blind re-grading, except by another lab.

Tough, this ,(

All of the labs to my knowledge (GIA,AGS,IGI do) offer the submitter to ask for it to regraded if they disagree with the grade for a fee of course.
Some of them if the grade changes they wave the fee.

mtruong

Rough_Rock
The stone does not have any fluorescence

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if it's better to just return this stone & start fresh if you have so many concerns over the clarity. (Which based on the pictures you posted, I would have them too!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results