shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloudy GCAL 8X VVS2 Diamond?

Insane

Rough_Rock
Hello, sort of new at this, but I just found this diamond I would like to purchase, but I am not sure if its just a bad camera shot or an actual cloudy or hazy diamond? Is it possible for a VVS2 diamond to be cloudy/hazy? or just bad picture? Help is greatly appreciated :)!

The certificate states the following:

8x-color.png
CUT GRADE​

• 1. Polish
    Excellent
  • 2. External Symmetry
    Excellent
  • 3. Proportions
    Excellent
  • 4. Optical Brilliance
    Excellent
  • 5. Fire
    Excellent
  • 6. Scintillation
    Excellent
  • 7. Optical Symmetry
    Excellent
  • 8. Hearts & Arrows
    Excellent

Attachments

• brave_91OXcwndSR.png
    brave_91OXcwndSR.png
    587.4 KB · Views: 38
  • brave_tWKLO8apDn.png
    brave_tWKLO8apDn.png
    532.6 KB · Views: 44
  • brave_dpEYPHTFWV.gif
    brave_dpEYPHTFWV.gif
    14.5 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, Insane!
CVD? It could be grainy material interrupting proper light transmission through the diamond material.

Insane

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, Insane!
CVD? It could be grainy material interrupting proper light transmission through the diamond material.

Thank you! I ended up not buying it to not take the risk. I opted for this one instead.

I sort of rushed into it as last night I noticed in less than a day 10 out of the 18 GCAL 8x diamonds I had found had been sold and did not want to take the risk as the same had happened a week ago with about 10 IGI diamonds I had found.

What do you think of this choice?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I ended up not buying it to not take the risk. I opted for this one instead.

I sort of rushed into it as last night I noticed in less than a day 10 out of the 18 GCAL 8x diamonds I had found had been sold and did not want to take the risk as the same had happened a week ago with about 10 IGI diamonds I had found.

I think it looks to be a solid choice and you're likely going to love it upon first sight

Insane

Rough_Rock
I think it looks to be a solid choice and you're likely going to love it upon first sight

Thank you!!! I will post pictures/videos once it arrives!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This one looks beautiful.

Insane

Rough_Rock

Just got both rings in the mail today. Thank you for helping me pull the trigger, the round diamond is beautiful! Please see the pictures attached, its hard to zoom in and the camera does not do justice to how beautiful and clear it looks in real life.

I also got an appraisal from Adiamor that the diamond ring retails at $5500 (I paid $3500 for it). Are their appraisals accurate or its just to give the client a sense of fulfilment that they got a deal?

Thank god I found this forum. Going with GCAL 8x certificate is the best thing I could have done and would not have been possible without the input of members within this community!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just got both rings in the mail today. Thank you for helping me pull the trigger, the round diamond is beautiful! Please see the pictures attached, its hard to zoom in and the camera does not do justice to how beautiful and clear it looks in real life.

I also got an appraisal from Adiamor that the diamond ring retails at $5500 (I paid $3500 for it). Are their appraisals accurate or its just to give the client a sense of fulfilment that they got a deal?

Thank god I found this forum. Going with GCAL 8x certificate is the best thing I could have done and would not have been possible without the input of members within this community!

Absolutely perfect!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are gorgeous! Wear them in the best of health!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I believe appraisers are supposed to give a replacement value of an equivalent new item. The increased amount takes into account the what it would cost down the line (as opposed to what you paid yesterday). I'm definitely not an expert, so maybe someone else will fill in more details. And CONGRATS!!!

Insane

Rough_Rock
They are gorgeous! Wear them in the best of health!
Thank you! Much appreciated :)

I believe appraisers are supposed to give a replacement value of an equivalent new item. The increased amount takes into account the what it would cost down the line (as opposed to what you paid yesterday). I'm definitely not an expert, so maybe someone else will fill in more details. And CONGRATS!!!
Thank you! I have no idea but if someone could clarify it would be great! It is a little confusing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most appraisals are "feel good" appraisals. If you could go out and replace the ring for relatively the same price you paid for it
then it's overestimated (this is typical).

Dont use this for insurance purposes because you'll end up paying higher premiums but the insurance company is not going to give
you $5k when it can be replaced for $3.5k.

Insane

Rough_Rock
Most appraisals are "feel good" appraisals. If you could go out and replace the ring for relatively the same price you paid for it
then it's overestimated (this is typical).

Dont use this for insurance purposes because you'll end up paying higher premiums but the insurance company is not going to give
you $5k when it can be replaced for $3.5k.

Thanks for the tip, this is good to know!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results