shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cloud is made up of pinpoint crystals, so would a cloud be a reflector type of inclusion or not?

Can one see the individual pinpoints in a cloud under a 10x loupe?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
also regarding reflective graining. I know that this type of graining looks reflective but does this type of inclusion ever reflect throughout the stone as in multiple reflections?

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pyramid, I have a cloud in my diamond, and I can see the individual pinpoints that make it up. However, I really have to look hard. It does not reflect. Maybe some are more reflective than others. Also, placement of a cloud (along the bottom of the stone) sometimes can make it reflect off of other facets, making it look like multiple clouds.
10.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Caratgirl for that information.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know if reflective graining can reflect to show multiple reflectors around a stone or is it confined to the area of the graining itself?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything inside a diamond could b reflected around, depending on the position of the inclusions relative to the facets nearby, the position of lighting and the observer... etc. It does not matter what the inclusion is: reflections coukd be more or les visible from the normal top-down viewing position, but if one has enough patience and can vary the position of the stone and lighting conditions, some reflectin will eventually show.

Some of the "inclusions" shots at GOG have comments on what is reflection and what is the image of actual inclusions. I do not know another site with such pictures posted...

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you valeria101. I just wondered if since reflective graining is part of the growth of the crystal and can only be seen when viewed in a direction normal to it whether it would reflect but it makes sense what you say that if it is showing up bright in a stone it will reflect of the nearest facets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results