shape
carat
color
clarity

Close to A Purchase - some info

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sethramsey

Rough_Rock
First, this board is really great. I''ve been reading for about 3 months now and have learned so much. Anyway, I''m getting ready to finally make a purchase and a local jeweler here called with the following stone - there is not much info but thought I''d post anyway and see if any wanted to offer their opinions. The table seems a bit large to me by the numbers but I''ve seen the stone and it looks pretty nice.
.75 carats
F color
SI1 (I couldn''t see it)
Depth 60.6%
Table 61%
5.84 x 5.91 x 3.56
culet = none
Sorry no angles for crown or pavilion.
$2950

sethramsey

Rough_Rock
any advice please?

AnnaMagdalena

Rough_Rock
Hi Seth,
I'm guessing many on the board will say, get the sarin info, then we can talk about cut and sparkle. The concern you have about the table could possibly be offset by the other proportions, but it's impossible to really know without the info. Price looks like around the right range for an F SI1 .75, though I saw a few lower prices on the pricescope search.

Requesting Sarin info from the vendor is also simply a great way of seeing how accomodating and trustworthy they are.

Lastly, it's really hard to judge sparkle and visual impact of a single stone if you just saw it once or twice in one lighting situation. So even though you think it looks pretty good, perhaps it's actually not so great--or conversely, it could be spectacular, not just pretty good. Having more information would help give a sense of exactly what kind of visual performance you might expect from the stone overall.

I hope that makes sense and helps a little! Good luck!
-Anna Magdalena
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results