shape
carat
color
clarity

Close in pulling the trigger on this diamond, please evaluate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 12:16:04 PM
Author: wimpwgn
Thank you, Belle.

I''m glad I brought up this question, comments from you and others definitely saved me a bunch of money. I will, however, bring it to the appraiser and have him/her look at it after it has been set. Now, I just need to hear back from WF so I can complete the order.
you are very welcome wimpwgn
2.gif

that''s what this forum is for! your questions not only helped you but will help others with the same concerns.
2.gif

i hope you are considering sharing some pictures when you get it!
36.gif

wimpwgn

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 12:29:06 PM
Author: belle
Date: 12/21/2006 12:16:04 PM

Author: wimpwgn

Thank you, Belle.

I''m glad I brought up this question, comments from you and others definitely saved me a bunch of money. I will, however, bring it to the appraiser and have him/her look at it after it has been set. Now, I just need to hear back from WF so I can complete the order.
you are very welcome wimpwgn
2.gif

that''s what this forum is for! your questions not only helped you but will help others with the same concerns.
2.gif

i hope you are considering sharing some pictures when you get it!
36.gif

Hopefully the shipment won''t get lost in the midst of holiday delivery.
25.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrssalvo said:

i agree if you''re just buying the stone and having it sent to you. However, if you''re getting the stone and setting I think having someone independant look at it would bring me peace of mind. there was a pricescope member who bought a stone and setting from WF and it went straight to the appraiser. he was the one to catch that the stone had been chipped while it was being set. WF was great about making it right but had that ring not gone directly to the appraiser it probably would have been hard to prove where/when/how the stone got chipped, once it was discovered. I bought my stone from Pearlman''s and completely trust them as well, but I will have the stone and setting appraised by someone independant, unfortunately, mistakes do happen.
I must agree with her. For insurance of a RB the info they send you would be fine, all that you''d need to replace is would be listed. BUT for a stone in a setting that will become your "baby" you want assurance that the quality of the setting and the setting job were done right. I worried about my stone while it was being set -- cause I''m weird. Then the appraisal gave me the info that it made it through OK.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry. I see you decided what to do before I even posted.

Although the appraiser won''t be able to run all the reports with the stone set it''s OK. You''ll get all the detail you need to show your insurance co what kind of stone you own. Of course check with the appraiser about the different levels of reports that they do to be sure that you''re getting the tests done that you want done.

wimpwgn

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 12:39:46 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Sorry. I see you decided what to do before I even posted.

Although the appraiser won''t be able to run all the reports with the stone set it''s OK. You''ll get all the detail you need to show your insurance co what kind of stone you own. Of course check with the appraiser about the different levels of reports that they do to be sure that you''re getting the tests done that you want done.

I, too, worry about the process getting the stone set. I think taking it to the appraiser after it has been set has this one major advantage.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes reading this thread made me remember my concern. I really thought about my stone a couple times while it was being set hoping it was OK. Peace of mind is a good thing. I''d forgotten all about that.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results