shape
carat
color
clarity

Cliques

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh hush Deb. You know you are! (This is in response to your 4th point.)

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'm in the "annoying newb poster who doesn't really understand the dynamics quite yet, but darn it I'm trying" clique and "Oooh look at the quality of my photos not the quality of the gems" clique; whether or not I'm the only member is besides the point. The only forum I fear is RT, so much knowledge and strong opinions. Hangout and CS are my forums of choice.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
iwannaprettyone said:
Fiery- I don't think of you as a newbie at all.

I have been absent for a while, so some people will see me as a newbie...but I have bigger fish to fry lol

You're not a newbie IWPO!! Nice to see you posting here again!!!

I think there are cliques on here but I don't think I'm in any of them. A few of the people that I regularly posted with have left and I haven't been posting a huge amount any more as I'm working a ton.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
If it makes any of the newbies feel better, I've been here for a hot minute and I think my posts get ignored also. And I sort of feel like people may just not agree with what I said or whatever. Not that they dislike me or that I'm not valuable. Essentially, it doesn't make me feel bad because people aren't "dittoing" my posts.

I'm sure there are people that have been here much longer than myself that feel the same way.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
pennquaker09 said:
If it makes any of the newbies feel better, I've been here for a hot minute and I think my posts get ignored also. And I sort of feel like people may just not agree with what I said or whatever. Not that they dislike me or that I'm not valuable. Essentially, it doesn't make me feel bad because people aren't "dittoing" my posts.

I'm sure there are people that have been here much longer than myself that feel the same way.

FWIW Penn, I really enjoy your posts, especially when you talk about your family.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
fiery said:
pennquaker09 said:

FWIW Penn, I really enjoy your posts, especially when you talk about your family.

Penn,
I always enjoy your posts!! I have followed you since you joined PS. We have Penn in common. You gave me great advice when Ash was just starting there, hard to believe she's on her own now. I love reading about your family. I think you are a class act.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF said:
Dancing Fire said:

First I was going to say that I was unaware of any cliques that existed, although I wasn't going to deny that some might exist.

Second, Freke posted this list, and I thought I might actually be in the ATW Liberal clique of election year 2008.

Third, Dancing Fire posted his list of most memorable liberal posters and I didn't make the cut, causing me to wonder if I am really clique material after all. That brought me down to...

Fourth, I decided I must not be good enough to be in any cliques.

Deb/AGBF
:read:
Deb...i see you as the "Mother Teresa" of PS... ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire said:
Deb...i see you as the "Mother Teresa" of PS... ;))

I can lose my temper and say horrible, mean things that can never be unsaid (although, of course, I can apologize for them). Your vote of confidence does not go unappreciated, however. (I will slip you your money under the table. Wait until no one is looking.)

Deb

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb and DF crack me up. I wouldn't say they are in a clique together though...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember said:
Amethyste said:
Well, there are "cliques" here... I can see that. THe older PSERs all know each other and are tight.

I am none - I really don't think I am that well liked here anyways - hence, my rare posts.

WHAT!! I like you!!!!!! I'm sad to hear that you think that....I always enjoy reading your posts Amethyste!

Wow! I think you are extremely likable and actually liked by most people. I, too, enjoy reading your posts.

hihowareyou

Shiny_Rock
Trade
There are some parts of this board that are very easy to use as a new member - the diamond forums always seem to be filled with helpful and welcoming responses for example.

The Pricescope café forums on the other hand seem more closed off to outsiders. There is a lot of banter between long timer posters and a lot references made to past threads and posters, etc which make it very difficult for new members to follow what is happening let alone jump in. It isn't all bad as a forum where inside jokes and banter was banned would be boring. Sometimes though I wonder if those more popular or long-term posters forget that there are newer members reading the threads and looking for an opening to jump in.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
The only time I ever feel really and truly out of the loop is when the pie conversations get going--at what point was there a PS potluck?! Oh GAWD, it's so confusing and hard for a fat kid to read through--confusion turns me into an emotional eater, people. Have some sympathy!

It dawned on me, too, that I'm not nearly as well known on here as some because I don't comment on the jewelry boards (well, other than the occasional "Oooh, pretty! I can haves it?"). There are just far too many people on here who know infinitely more than I do, so I don't have much to contribute there...other than envy, that is. :bigsmile:

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I'm guilty of this because I just jumped right in with colored stone questions, but maybe if there were more introductions people would feel more incentive to stick around and feel more accounted for/included?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pennquaker09 said:
If it makes any of the newbies feel better, I've been here for a hot minute and I think my posts get ignored also.

Did you say something?

Deb/AGBF

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Haven said:
Autumnovember said:
I don't think new PSer's are taken as seriously as much as long term members are. I have no idea why. I still don't feel like I'm taken seriously. As Monarch has pointed out, I *do* feel like I have to prove myself. I have noticed that when I add my two cents to a thread, a lot of times it goes unnoticed. I'm not really bothered by it, but it is definitely something that I've noticed.
That happens to me all the time, Autumnovember. I think it has less to do with being new and more to do with the fact that once a thread really gets rolling people tend to grab onto one strand of the conversation, so a lot of comments get lost in the shuffle.

At least, that's what I tell myself. :cheeky:

Everyone thinks their posts go unnoticed ;)) There are threads similar to this one every once in a while, and I think the most common sentiment expressed is "No one likes me!" or "No one would notice if I left!" or "My posts get ignored!"

I think it speaks to the common human state of worrying about acceptance and at the same time, being rather egocentric. The great commonality is feeling like you don't belong. That is the biggest clique of all!

I totally notice this as well whenever a topic like this comes up.

As someone else said, you get out of PS what you put in (if not MORE of a reaping after much time...).

And it is amazing how many people worry about their threads getting enough face time!

Cliques, yes they do exist here on PS and they almost always have since the board began getting enough traffic to generate drama--typical I would imagine. It may not be visible on the boards all the time--but people often use other mediums as well, and you can see all sorts of faces not shown here in those other environments.

Then there are 'groups' that naturally gravitate towards each other--as others have mentioned the mommies or brides or politiks. To me those aren't cliques...as someone else said, a clique tends to have an inherently negative connotation in general.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think that people often feel their answer was ignored if no one quotes it or directly references it. I know sometimes I do. However, rationally speaking, I can see how this isn't true, simply because when I post, I rarely quote or answer directly a lot of very good, very relevant posts which I did read and enjoy a lot.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
There are certainly special interest groups on PS. Just look at the subforums. It doesn't mean that they are cliques. I don't fit into BWW, FIW, TTC, and such. I'm not in clique and I sometimes feel that my posts go unnoticed. Then I'll be in another thread and someone will tell me how much they appreciate what I have to say or that they've saved my rings in their jewelry folder. What I can tell you, is I have had some things occur in my life that have knocked me to my knees. When I have asked for support, I have received it in amounts that have overwhelmed me. PSers are some of the most supportive people I have ever known on an online setting...perhaps anywhere. We do have our disagreements. Some of us have gotten to know each other better than others--just like any other group. I think it is important, as a newcomer, to learn the culture of the group. Read the threads. Get a sense of what PS is all about. It is well worth the effort :))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
along these lines...I remember in PS1 there was some sort of who's who...but I can't seem to locate it. if anyone could link me, that would be awesome! would love to know more about you guys :)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47 said:
along these lines...I remember in PS1 there was some sort of who's who...but I can't seem to locate it. if anyone could link me, that would be awesome! would love to know more about you guys :)
who-s-who/

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Awww such a warm welcome from my old friends! Missed y'all!! :)

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
lyra said:
slg47 said:
who-s-who/

Oh, cool! Thanks for posting this, I'd love to get to "know" people a little bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results