shape
carat
color
clarity

Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Secretary Clinton picked Senator Tim Kaine to be her running mate. I do not think it came as a big surprise after the last few days in which the public was prepared for the announcement. He is a former Governor of Virginia. In fact, he was the governor when I lived there, which was during the time the massacre took place at Virginia Tech. He is incredibly seasoned; very well-liked everywhere and known as a gentleman; on The Senate Foreign Relations Committee; and felt to be someone who could easily take over as the presidency. Here is a link to an article about the announcement:

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us/politics/tim-kaine-hillary-clinton-vice-president.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

AGBF

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI,

For me, this was the best choice. While I like Elizabeth Warren, I would not have liked her as the VP choice. I hope they can pull it off; its so vital for the country.

Annette

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like him AGBF.. I think he gives some balance to the ticket. Now with the meanie Bernie emails being released I'm not sure what will happen, but I will say, Bernie Sanders was an independent, not a democrat, although he caucused with the Democrats. Let's hope for no more money being spent to slime the democratic party and ticket!

peace.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But he's too moderate for most PSer Dems... :whistle: I would vote for Kaine over Trump if he was the Dem. nominee.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1469299408|4058655 said:
But he's too moderate for most PSer Dems... :whistle: I would vote for Kaine over Trump if he was the Dem. nominee.

He was very impressive in his "introductory" speech this morning. I don't think Hillary's going to lose any voters that were already leaning her way over this selection - it should solidify those votes. The question is whether adding him to the ticket will sway new voters or voters who are still on the fence.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a feeling that she would choose him. Wise decision.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1469292408|4058630 said:
I like him AGBF.. I think he gives some balance to the ticket. Now with the meanie Bernie emails being released I'm not sure what will happen, but I will say, Bernie Sanders was an independent, not a democrat, although he caucused with the Democrats. Let's hope for no more money being spent to slime the democratic party and ticket!

I like him, too, Tekate. I really like it that he has a long history of working for the poor (his stint in Honduras as a missionary and then working in anti-poverty programs as a young lawyer). He has values and ideals and character.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1469303769|4058674 said:
Tekate|1469292408|4058630 said:

I like him, too, Tekate. I really like it that he has a long history of working for the poor (his stint in Honduras as a missionary and then working in anti-poverty programs as a young lawyer). He has values and ideals and character.

Yes! he does... good character and kind, intelligent and open. Just what we need!

Peace

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think he's the safe choice. I'd vote for him over Hillary, personally, for President.

As for Elizabeth Warren, she is wonderful. But we need her right where she is. As a VP she would have been neutralized.

Frankly both Trump and Hillary should watch out for the loony tunes. Their VP candidates are more likable than they are.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1469313182|4058711 said:
I think he's the safe choice. I'd vote for him over Hillary, personally, for President.

As for Elizabeth Warren, she is wonderful. But we need her right where she is. As a VP she would have been neutralized.

Frankly both Trump and Hillary should watch out for the loony tunes. Their VP candidates are more likable than they are.

Pence is only more likeable than Trump because he is civilized in his personal speech and behavior. His views are barbaric. On the other hand, of course I trust him more than Trump; he doesn't appear to be mad as a hatter.

Deb

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1469321732|4058744 said:

Pence is only more likeable than Trump because he is civilized in his personal speech and behavior. His views are barbaric. On the other hand, of course I trust him more than Trump; he doesn't appear to be mad as a hatter.

Deb
On the other hand I'd trust Kaine more than HC.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1469321732|4058744 said:

Deb

To the Radical Right christians who have hijacked the Republican party he is perfect. His views are exactly their ideal. So... If he were mt VP and I wasn't as extreme in my views as he is, I would watch my back.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spit my cocktail out the other night when I heard Brit Hume's comment on the announcement of the Dem ticket - "Kaine & Unable". :lol: :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1469365026|4058792 said:
I spit my cocktail out the other night when I heard Brit Hume's comment on the announcement of the Dem ticket - "Kaine & Unable". :lol: :lol:

Well, there is your first problem, actually listening to Brit Hume!

:naughty: :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1469377272|4058823 said:
JoCoJenn|1469365026|4058792 said:

Well, there is your first problem, actually listening to Brit Hume!

:naughty: :lol:
That's why I only watch MSNBC!... :whistle: The far left aren't very happy with her VP pick... :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely agree with her decision here. I think that Warren is amazing but wouldn't have been able to be as productive as VP as she is in her current position. And both Dems and Republicans appear to like Kaine, which is relatively difficult to accomplish. I hope that he helps in appealing to voters who are on the fence (e.g. dislike Trump but also aren't HC fans). I think they will make a good team and am excited to vote for them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results