shape
carat
color
clarity

Clinton looks very very bad here

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it's not about sex (the only thing that gets the attention of the vast majority of Americans) this will not much hurt her chances Nov 8. :nono:
But Still!

HRC is NO angel.
Though orders of magnitude better than Trump, I'm bummed that THIS is the woman who will nearly certainly be our first president. :nono:
Since most voters suck (they don't get that HRC's shortcomings have nothing to do with her gender) it may be a long time before another woman is elected. :(sad

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37651858

US Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton has said she cannot recall key details about using a private email server while secretary of state, documents show.
She had been asked to give sworn responses to 25 written questions from a conservative legal group.
At least 21 responses used variations of "does not recall", the documents, provided by her lawyer, show.
Mrs Clinton denies handling classified information in her private emails.
Questions over her use of a private email server while secretary of state have dogged her presidential campaign.

Her responses under oath to the Judicial Watch group were provided by her lawyer, David Kendall.
Mrs Clinton also made various legal objections to the wording or formation of 18 of the 25 questions, the documents show.
Correspondents say her answers provide no new information beyond what Mrs Clinton told FBI agents during a recent investigation.
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the group's lawyers would be closely reviewing her responses.

"Mrs Clinton's refusal to answer many of the questions in a clear and straightforward manner further reflects disdain for the rule of law," he said.
Judicial Watch has filed multiple lawsuits to try to obtain copies of government documents from Mrs Clinton's time as secretary of state.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well at least I didn't post it. I have been aware of this for quite awhile. No one cares that she is a scheming liar because Trump is a disgusting pig.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:

It's super fair of you to post this, Kenny.

Guess what? Definitely doesn't change my mind or my vote. I still (as always, waaaaaaay back) think HRC is an amazing person and completely fit to run this country. Completely.

Haters gon' hate, yo!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1476428459|4086932 said:
I've never been much of a team player.

I'm not loyal to any 'side', unless what's true and good could be called a side.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1476428651|4086934 said:
monarch64|1476428459|4086932 said:
I've never been much of a team player.

I'm not loyal to any 'side', unless what's true and good could be called a side.

Damn it, I forget that you're on the west coast and are up "late." Good for you--I just meant you are fair by posting something that is not completely skewed against Trump. Pretty sure you gleaned that from my reply.

HRC certainly has lots of faults! Show me a perfect candidate, though, and I'll show you my version of Utopia?

Ooof!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it ironic that the average American thinks they should be able to view these emails. What on earth do you think they are going to say if she did use them for Govt. work. Of course they probably contain a stack of sensitive information, that most Americans should not be reading and probably could not handle. Once again this lack of open disclosure might be bad but how much worse would it be if instead that was Trump instead of Hillary.

I can easily see him doing this and many times worse if he had been in her position and if he is elected POTUS, I still shudder to think what he is capable of..... so if it is being used as an argument that she shouldn't be running for POTUS, we will probably and should probably never know what was in those emails.

If her email scandal on the other hand it is being used, as it is by so many Republicans as an excuse why they can't possibly vote for her then I think they need to take a long hard look at what sorts of protocols Trump is likely to break as he has an even lower regard for Presidential etiquette, classified information, and the law in the US than she does...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am concerned by it. And she will have to work to earn my trust.

I have never denied that I am not a Clinton fan. I am voting for her and I have definite reasons for it, top three below. But she is not the candidate I wanted and I believe that if she were running against anyone else, she'd lose. I would vote for Obama a third term in a heartbeat.

Top three reasons I am voting for Clinton:

1. Supreme Court Appointments. I trust her to make these.
2. Heathcare and pharmaceuticals. I am hoping there will be positive changes made here.
3. Even with this factored in, none of the other candidates (even third parties) are a better choice than her. So she is the least objectionable option. But all the choices are bad.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1476415336|4086905 said:
Well at least I didn't post it. I have been aware of this for quite awhile. No one cares that she is a scheming liar because Trump is a disgusting pig.

Yes, it has become painfully obvious that the media will determine the outcome of this election :nono:
There is so much going on with Hillary and yet many of the mainstream media outlets refuse to cover it.
The latest emails have revealed some pretty scary stuff (about how Clinton was working with the DNC against Sanders, about her "comfortable" relationship with certain members of the media, about how a DNC Chairwoman disclosed debate question material to her).
In one of Hillary's paid speeches (from 2014), she said that she was, "far removed from middle-class struggles" due to the "fortune" that she and her husband enjoy :rolleyes: She has also admitted to having both a private and public position :confused: and that she has ties to Wall Street.
One of the most frightening comments for me was when she said that her dream is to, "have a hemispheric common market with open trade and open borders." :errrr:
She's no better than Trump, but many of us already know that. The content of the emails indicate that she is clearly a very different person in private and public and that's what is most disturbing to me. I know that there are people who genuinely like her and plan to vote for her (which is fine), but I see her for her she truly is and it saddens me that she could be our first female president :blackeye: I should be elated that we could have a woman in the oval office, but I'm not.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1476448348|4086975 said:
She's no better than Trump, but many of us already know that.

That is put as as a statement of fact. It is not a fact. It is a matter of opinion. And it is certainly not something which you and your friends "already know" and others of us, who remain sorely ignorant, have yet to learn.

In my opinion, Secretary Clinton, is a lot better fit to be President of The United States than Donald Trump. I have not only studied her qualifications closely to date, but continue to do so. By watching the television show, "Morning Joe" in the last two days I have heard her criticized by people (deceased people, in print) for her conduct towards women in the 1990's but also praised for the way she worked in The Senate. It was the opinion of one conservative commentator there that she would be better at passing legislation that either Barack Obama or George W. Bush because she would be more willing to work with the legislature than either of them did.

AGBF

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Discussing politics is all about opinions. We can't possibly know all of the facts. My statement was not a fact and I did not put it out there in that way. It was an opinion. My opinion is that Hillary is no better than Trump and I know many people that share the same opinion. Do you know how many times I've been told that I have to vote for Hillary to keep Trump from winning because he's worse than Hillary? I don't take that for fact. I take it as opinion. Feel free to take my words as opinions, not facts. I respect your opinions about Sec Clinton, but do not share them =)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1476411679|4086901 said:
Since it's not about sex (the only thing that gets the attention of the vast majority of Americans) this will not much hurt her chances Nov 8. :nono:
But Still!

HRC is NO angel.
Though orders of magnitude better than Trump, I'm bummed that THIS is the woman who will nearly certainly be our first president. :nono:
Since most voters suck (they don't get that HRC's shortcomings have nothing to do with her gender) it may be a long time before another woman is elected. :(sad

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37651858

US Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton has said she cannot recall key details about using a private email server while secretary of state, documents show.
She had been asked to give sworn responses to 25 written questions from a conservative legal group.
At least 21 responses used variations of "does not recall", the documents, provided by her lawyer, show.
Mrs Clinton denies handling classified information in her private emails.
Questions over her use of a private email server while secretary of state have dogged her presidential campaign.

Her responses under oath to the Judicial Watch group were provided by her lawyer, David Kendall.
Mrs Clinton also made various legal objections to the wording or formation of 18 of the 25 questions, the documents show.
Correspondents say her answers provide no new information beyond what Mrs Clinton told FBI agents during a recent investigation.
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the group's lawyers would be closely reviewing her responses.

"Mrs Clinton's refusal to answer many of the questions in a clear and straightforward manner further reflects disdain for the rule of law," he said.
Judicial Watch has filed multiple lawsuits to try to obtain copies of government documents from Mrs Clinton's time as secretary of state.

Judicial Watch - formed just to hound the Clinton's.. She would be uncooperative, as I would.

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497880554/the-video-defense-about-her-emails-hillary-clinton-never-gave

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1476430360|4086937 said:
I find it ironic that the average American thinks they should be able to view these emails. What on earth do you think they are going to say if she did use them for Govt. work. Of course they probably contain a stack of sensitive information, that most Americans should not be reading and probably could not handle. Once again this lack of open disclosure might be bad but how much worse would it be if instead that was Trump instead of Hillary.

She is accountable to the American public as an official of the US Government. The very fact that she set this server up to keep public information from them is egregious enough for me. Any communication as a government official is public information and subject to FOIA and review for classified content before release. Any official that is secretive to hide information from the public, in my mind, lacks any kind of integrity. To do it on this scale is beyond lacking integrity, its the work of a person who should not be trusted to hold office. And before anyone says I am being naive, I have worked for government agencies nearly my entire adult life. Once the advent of email came around you were told if you feel it should not be read in court then damn well don't write it. Before email it was the same for reports, letters, logs, notes, etc. Its all about integrity and she doesn't have it. This does not even begin to touch on her other failings. I hold all public officials to this standard and I do not care if you are Republican, Democrat, or Martian. If you are found to be guilty then you are out (or in - the slammer that is). She skated on this and I will not debate her guilt again here because it is an exercise in futility.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1476457128|4087015 said:

She is accountable to the American public as an official of the US Government. The very fact that she set this server up to keep public information from them is egregious enough for me. Any communication as a government official is public information and subject to FOIA and review for classified content before release. Any official that is secretive to hide information from the public, in my mind, lacks any kind of integrity. To do it on this scale is beyond lacking integrity, its the work of a person who should not be trusted to hold office. And before anyone says I am being naive, I have worked for government agencies nearly my entire adult life. Once the advent of email came around you were told if you feel it should not be read in court then damn well don't write it. Before email it was the same for reports, letters, logs, notes, etc. Its all about integrity and she doesn't have it. This does not even begin to touch on her other failings. I hold all public officials to this standard and I do not care if you are Republican, Democrat, or Martian. If you are found to be guilty then you are out (or in - the slammer that is). She skated on this and I will not debate her guilt again here because it is an exercise in futility.
From what I understand, the server was set up by the Secret Service for her husband long before she became Secretary of State.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1476458731|4087023 said:
redwood66|1476457128|4087015 said:

From what I understand, the server was set up by the Secret Service for her husband long before she became Secretary of State.

So does this justify her using it for official government communication?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

When HRC received a supena (SP) to produce her e-mails from her work as Sec of State,ie: Govt work, she asked her attorney to separate the Gov't e-mails from her private emails since both were on that server, The 33,000 e-mails are her personal e-mails. No-one went thru them one by one; they sorted by key words to bring the personal ones up, and they were deleted. Her lawyers did the deleting. I suppose a Gov't e-mail could have been deleted, but the intention was just to remove her personal e-mails, Her lawyer is a prominent Washington Attorney and the selection process by keyword doesn't seem to me to point a finger at her for anything that concerns the missing 33,000 e-mails. The FBI knew this was being done.

The big deal to me rests only in the top secret, secret or confidential emails that she received on the server. She did not send any. Not to know what C means is indicative of some sloppiness if not negligence.

The 33,000 emails were personal ones. I would have wanted to delete those myself.

Annette

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Using a private e-mail server is not illegal.

She is not required to share her personal e-mails and sorting through mails to determine which ones are not eligible to be released under FOIA is the norm.

She could have handled it better, but she probably assumed there was nothing to handle. If ever there was a media-driven circus, this is it.

She's being held to a different standard, and everyone is complaining that she isn't handling it gracefully enough.

If you don't think it's sexism, feel free to make the case, but use hard facts, not the silliness made up by the talk radio crowd.

At least she's refrained from blaming all her problems on the media, ala certain others.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I disagree that she's being held to a different standard. Every politician is subject to this type of scrutiny.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1476461601|4087050 said:
I disagree that she's being held to a different standard. Every politician is subject to this type of scrutiny.

As they should be. We would not even know of this server had there not been another investigation going on that uncovered it.

And to me national security and integrity is not silliness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results