shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaning our rings - my formula for SHINE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ARMYWIFE369AR

Rough_Rock
Hello.

Here is my formula for shining up me and husbands wedding rings.

I have a 16 stone, princess cut diamond wedding ring set in gold, and he has a 5 stone white gold/yellow gold setting.

My mixture is the following, and it has worked well for us getting that dirt and oil off my husbands (he is a mechanic in the US Army and he get D-I-R-T-Y!!!!!!

4 Tablespoons of glass cleaner
1 Tablespoon of ammonia
water

I use an old jewelry cleaner kit I recieved from a jewelry store. Put the chemicals in the container, fill the rest up with water.

Microwave (without rings) for 10-20 seconds, to warm the water.

Place rings in and let them soak for a few minutes. Wash gently with an old toothbrush. Let them soak for a few more minutes.

Rinse off with cool water and pat dry with a soft cotton towel.

This is an awesome mixture and it has had our wedding ring sparkling bright since the day we got married!

Does anyone else have any other "formulas" of how to clean wedding rings?

I am always open to suggestions to make our ring shine!!!!!!

ARMYWIFE369AR :wavey:

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I pretty much use the same. Glass cleaners tend to have ammonia in them, so I just use ammonia & water, sometimes with liquid dish soap. You can even put them in a pot on the stove. Brushing well with an old toothbrush afterwards. Sounds like you're doing just fine!

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Is Ammonia good or bad? I asked for an ultrasonic solution and the answer was Mr. Clean, Ammonia-free blend.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I don't think ammonia could hurt a diamond, and it sure cleans well! (I think CutNut has also agreed on ammonia in the past).

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
No, can't hurt a diamond. Also I know it cannot hurt gold. I don't know about platinum. And I am 90% sure it destroys silver. I would like a cleaner that is safe for basically any kind of metal.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
When you say dish detergent, do you mean the liquid that you use by hand (Dove, Ivory liquid, Palmolive), or the crystals you put in an automatic dishwasher, like Cascade? Thanks.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Liquid - like Palmolive & the others you mentioned!

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
hi to all,
my rings are always being cleaned i love shine! my diamonds are set in plat. i use mr. clean, hot water, an old toothbrush and a blow dryer. works wonders. happy cleaning.:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results