color
clarity

cleaning issues: carpet vs. hardwood curtains vs. shutters

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: cleaning issues: carpet vs. hardwood curtains vs. shutte

luv2sparkle|1318595610|3040150 said:
Thanks, DS! It was close to 8 years ago now, so it is really not painful anymore, it's just the way it is. We are blessed in so many ways, I can't really complain.

One thing I did notice after looking at your photos, is we are going to have to put up the crown mouldings we have been talking about for so long! It looks beautiful in your room. When we bought the house, we could have added them as an upgrade but everything was so ridiculously priced that we decided to do it ourselves later! Well, seven years later and it is still not done! I am going to show your photo to DH and maybe it will inspire him!

Well, it sounds like you have taken life's challenges and are making the best of them! That is great!

When we were first talking with the contractor about buying this house, it only had the crown molding in the formal dining room, foyer, and master bedroom, I think. We walked away and a few weeks later they called and asked what it would take for us to buy the house. When we negotiated the price, I said that I wanted crown molding in every room other than closets! And they did it! It is just simple molding, but it added sooo much to the appearance of the rooms. So I highly recommend adding it! (I posted a few more interior pics in jewelerman's thread on home interiors.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results