shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaning Diamond Jewelry

Wfpajfad

Rough_Rock
I've heard so many ways to clean diamonds that I would like an answer from the experts.

I've heard ultrasonics are the best however friends have told me this can make your diamonds wiggle loose and in the long run can damage your piece.

I also heard use plain old soap and water every day.

I saw at Wal Mart that they had a jewelry cleaner, but with my luck I'd be buying a container of soap and water for big bucks with a fancy label.

What is the best way for average gal to clean her rings and necklaces safely at home?

bellebelle-11

Rough_Rock
I too, would like to know more about this as well. I was thinking of buying an ultrasonic cleaner on ebay to clean my engagement ring, but are they safe for diamond rings? Does anyone know if heat function in ultrasonic cleaners are safe too

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
These are tips I knew about on maintenance and cleaning of gems, diamond has something in common with these gems, guess you can refer to them. :)
Maintenance of gemstone jewelry
The clearing methods of gems are generally the same with diamond as I have mentioned at the beginning :). When these valued items are not worn, they should be stored with transparent plastic bags or jewelry box independently. If you are about to clean them with your own hand, you can dip the gem into diluted soap and use soft brush to clean the diamond and its accessory gently, then rinse and dry with soft cloth, do not forget to carry or stuff wash basin when scrub the gem thus preventing it fall into ditch at the same time. In addition, points you should specially attention to is not cleaning the gem in the ultrasound machine and not using soap with strong chemical property and hot water to keep your diamond from being losing luster or broken caused by vibration. What’s more, be careful to avoid collision when wearing the gem for it is fragile quietly.
Hope this would give those who has doubts on it some enlightenment. :)

marrying

Rough_Rock
Trade
There are also many method for cleaning like detergent bath, Cold water soak, Quick-dip method, The ultrasonic cleaner.
Here are i suggests method to you clean your diamonds:
- Soak your diamond ring in a warm solution of mild liquid detergent and water.
- Use a soft brush if necessary to remove dirt.
- Swish the ring around in the solution, and then rinse it thoroughly in warm water.
- Blot the ring dry with a lint-free cloth.

emmajones083

Rough_Rock
Trade
The ways to clean the diamond,
1. Remove the visible dirt.
2. Use of baking soda.
3. Dip a damp sponge into the baking soda mixture.
4. Carefully clean the diamond with baking soda.
5. Dry and polish the diamond with wet stuff.
6. Pour small amount of vinegar over it.
7. Rinse with clean water
These are the ways we can clean thediamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results