shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaning agents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
A couple of cleaning questions for platinum and diamonds:

1) after cleaning the diamond and setting with a toothbrush and warm soapy water followed by rinsing with water, small residual water spots are left on the diamond after drying. How do I get rid of these spots?

2) I was told that rubbing alcohol is a good way to clean the diamond. Has anyone tried this?

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

after I clean my ring, I set it on a dry washcloth & dry it using a hair dryer on the low setting. It only takes a minute & no spots!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just dry it with the towel or paper towel after cleaning. The regular towel sometimes gets little towel fibers in it..but it does the trick. I am not concerned that a fiber gets stuck..more concerned with water marks on the table or even worse..a dirty stone.
2.gif

I use Windex to clean mine (its platinum) and it works great. Rubbing alcohol could probably work but Windex smells better. Just be careful, because anything like either of these will dry out your hands if you use them..so be sure to wash the ring under running water after use and dry..and don't wash it while on the hand (I tried this in the interest of time, and got scaly, patchy spots...guess my hand didnt like Windex rubbed in??).
2.gif

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
(I tried this in the interest of time, and got scaly, patchy spots...guess my hand didnt like Windex rubbed in??)

I guess you must not be Greek?

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results