shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaned my Tiffany pendants but don't know what this is - any ideas?

cakeeatingcat

Rough_Rock
This weekend, I realized I was neglecting my jewellery pieces and went on a cleaning spree, especially with my ashamedly filthy Tiffany pendants. I came across this old necklace from Tiffany that I never wore but have always wondered what this item was called.

I've tried searching up "Tiffany necklace that looks like a brick/parallelogram/blob" on Google but to no avail.

I'm 99% certain it is authentic as I remember it being accepted by Tiffany for cleaning (back when it was a free service years and years ago).

Any thoughts?

20201109_212733.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the closest I could find, not sure it matches yours exactly...the way the pendant is attached is different I think? And the shape looks a little different.

eta...took another look, it's pretty close!

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
How old is this necklace? I have never seen one like it.It must be vintage

cakeeatingcat

Rough_Rock
Aha, I wonder if a quick email might clear it up. https://www.tiffany.com/customer-service/

Thanks! That would have been my last resort but I figured PSers like a challenge ;)2

This was the closest I could find, not sure it matches yours exactly...the way the pendant is attached is different I think? And the shape looks a little different.

eta...took another look, it's pretty close!

I think this is it! When I took mine out to compare, it seems almost exactly the same. Thank you for solving this mystery!

How old is this necklace? I have never seen one like it.It must be vintage

If I had to guess, I think I got it some time between 2005-2010, so not really too vintage haha. But it certainly isn't very commonly seen!

cakeeatingcat

Rough_Rock
Yeah, looks like this is it @cakeeatingcat - the time frame works too...Tiffany commissioned Frank Gehry, a well-known architect, to design some pieces for tiffany in 2003 and his line was released in 2006. It's a very cool and pretty piece!

Thank you so much! I should wear it more often. I never knew how to describe it whenever someone asked what it was supposed to be, but now I have an answer thanks to you! :twirl:

Leftabulous

Rough_Rock
This weekend, I realized I was neglecting my jewellery pieces and went on a cleaning spree, especially with my ashamedly filthy Tiffany pendants. I came across this old necklace from Tiffany that I never wore but have always wondered what this item was called.

I've tried searching up "Tiffany necklace that looks like a brick/parallelogram/blob" on Google but to no avail.

I'm 99% certain it is authentic as I remember it being accepted by Tiffany for cleaning (back when it was a free service years and years ago).

Any thoughts?

20201109_212733.jpg

It's a half gram bar of 24 k gold let me guess the necklace goes almost to your navel?

Leftabulous

Rough_Rock
If that's what I know it is my dad had it custom made for my mother in the early 80's ...I accidentally put it with things to be repaired passed to my grandmother whom was to drop it at her jeweler... It was knocked out if car kid found pawned it for a bike... New the kid he didn't know it was our stuff there was a lot of gold in that velvet pouch . I mixed the blue with the black one was for cleaning one was for repairs and I've never been forgave.

Leftabulous

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That would have been my last resort but I figured PSers like a challenge ;)2

I think this is it! When I took mine out to compare, it seems almost exactly the same. Thank you for solving this mystery!

If I had to guess, I think I got it some time between 2005-2010, so not really too vintage haha. But it certainly isn't very commonly seen!

It's a half gram bar of gold custom made ! Early 80's

Leftabulous

Rough_Rock
Yeah, looks like this is it @cakeeatingcat - the time frame works too...Tiffany commissioned Frank Gehry, a well-known architect, to design some pieces for tiffany in 2003 and his line was released in 2006. It's a very cool and pretty piece!

Where are you located ??? I know what that is!!!

cakeeatingcat

Rough_Rock
It's a half gram bar if 24 k gold long navel reaching chain made in the 80's by a jeweler in south Arkansas!!!!

Sorry to disappoint, but it is definitely from Tiffany. Also, the chain is not long at all - it hardly reaches my sternum.

I hope you find the necklace that you're referring to though. It sounds like it holds some dear family memories of yours.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
It definitely looks reminiscent of Gehry’s “Torque” line. If it’s from the Gehry collection, the Gehry signature will be on the clasp. It would look something like this. A113B3C7-158F-49AF-BF3D-5D53760FE68A.jpeg

cakeeatingcat

Rough_Rock
It definitely looks reminiscent of Gehry’s “Torque” line. If it’s from the Gehry collection, the Gehry signature will be on the clasp. It would look something like this. A113B3C7-158F-49AF-BF3D-5D53760FE68A.jpeg

You're right! I found this on one side of my clasp! I just assumed both sides were the Tiffany & Co signature - I feel a bit silly now. Thank you everyone for your input!

gehry.png

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Glad you figured it out. I love that collection and wish it wasn’t so short-lived.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results