shape
carat
color
clarity

claw set vs bezel set??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bugaboo

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I have to replace my engagement ring.

What are your thoughts on claw set vs bezel set for a 1.5 to 2 ct diamond either E/F, SI1 or a G/H, VS1 diamond??

Any advice appreciated, thankyou.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Simply just personal preference - not to mention within those two categories are countless different setting styles.

I would narrow it down to a couple photos/designers you like than ask again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all depends on the design as well. Bezel can look antique or modern/contemporary. Same with claw set.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
As the others mentioned they are two totally different looks. As long as you get your ring checked occasionally and have insurance both are safe, so I would just go for the design you like better. I personally love both looks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2009 2:57:25 AM
Author: kcoursolle
As the others mentioned they are two totally different looks. As long as you get your ring checked occasionally and have insurance both are safe, so I would just go for the design you like better. I personally love both looks!
Ditto

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of stone shape are we talking about here?
Generally I find bezels offer a more modern and clean look. But I''d go with claw or prong setting for more conventional designs. Do you have any pics of designs you have in mind for the stone?

bugaboo

Shiny_Rock
Hi All

Thanks so much for the responses!

I DISLIKE PS!!!!!!!!!!!! My reason?? I choose a setting I love, then I surf through search and find a whole new shape and setting I love!!!! I have gone from bezel princess, to claw round brillant, to now cushion cuts............

My whole problem is my original ER was claw set, then I lost it and was replaced with a princess in a bezel set (doe to the claws knocking everything I use to take it off and put it in my pocket alot...hence was not a good idea....). BUT, the princess in the bezel chipped after wearing it for 2 months
8.gif

So, luckily for insurance, I have taken a cash out and now need to replace my ER yet again! The stress this has caused me has actually enabled me to lose a few kilo''s - the only thing good to come out of it all.

Seeing the bezel chipped a diamond, I have decided to go back to claws - 7 years of wearing it and the diamonds never chipped!

I was interested to see what other PS preferred. Are bezels actually ''safer''?? I thought they were???
33.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
How did the bezel chip the diamond? Unless it happened when it was being set, i don't understand??

ETA: Nevermind, just saw your other thread.

bugaboo

Shiny_Rock
I noticed the princess was chipped.....near the corner but not in the corner or next to the bezel. I took the ring to 2 jewellers who both said it was a one in a million bad luck chance that it happened....i still cannot believe it had happened. That''s why I chose a bezel set, so I wouldnt have to take it off for simple things like bathing my children so I didnt scratch them......but at the end of the day, it chipped
6.gif

So, I am COMPLETELY off princess cuts.....and now I thought since I love claw set, as should just go back to claw set, seeing having bezel has not been any better - actually worse!

I dont know what to do and replace it with??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results