shape
carat
color
clarity

Claw Prongs bad workmanship?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with you @Lessics. The few times I contacted Erika, I got an uneasy feeling that my inquiries were burdensome (when I even got a reply). I love the pieces I have but all of them were purchased through jewelers who carry her line. I doubt I would ever work with her personally.

That is NOT a 5k USD setting.
İ hope.youre exaggerating the price

Erika gets away with it. NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

(This is a joke, and reference to Seinfeld with an element of how I feel about the situation in general.)

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just be grateful @TripEx that your GF doesnt want an Erika Winters design! There are no prices on the website and you know what they
say...if you have to ask you cant afford it!:lol:

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Just be grateful @TripEx that your GF doesnt want an Erika Winters design! There are no prices on the website and you know what they
say...if you have to ask you cant afford it!:lol:

Well not far off she wants Verragio.
However me personally İ cannot see much of where the costing would go.
İ am only learning but i think most of the 5k goes to the name as opposed to the actual detail work.
That is what İ see. Which is okay i guess. However not value for money in my eyes.

İ hope the issue is resolved and ring is enjoyed

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Thats crazy

The level of detail and finesse of the setting is crazy. Nothing I’ve seen can rival it. Especially if you are going for her specific aesthetic. After researching for a year and looking at several copies (or similiar settings) I’m happy I paid for what I truly wanted. It’s a little piece of art. And her stud settings are so beautiful as well.
I just truly don’t seem to click with her as a person/vendor, other people her get along well with her.

I personally would never pay any money for a Verragio setting. I find them to be overloaded. Also the whole design looks blunt to me. Also just compare the prongs of a verragio setting with an Erika winters setting. It takes more time and skill to make such dainty EW prongs in comparison to a verragio prong.

But obviously it’s great that there is so much to choose from. So everybody can get what they desire. And there is no such thing as overpaying for something you really want (if you have done your research and you can’t get it anywhere else).

Last edited:

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
The level of detail and finesse of the setting is crazy. Nothing I’ve seen can rival it. Especially if you are going for her specific aesthetic. After researching for a year and looking at several copies (or similiar settings) I’m happy I paid for what I truly wanted. It’s a little piece of art. And her stud settings are so beautiful as well.
I just truly don’t seem to click with her as a person/vendor, other people her get along well with her.

I personally would never pay any money for a Verragio setting. I find them to be overloaded. Also the whole design looks blunt to me. Also just compare the prongs of a verragio setting with an Erika winters setting. It takes more time and skill to make such dainty EW prongs in comparison to a verragio prong.

But obviously it’s great that there is so much to choose from. So everybody can get what they desire. And there is no such thing as overpaying for something you really want (if you have done your research and you can’t get it anywhere else).

Yeah now i look at it it again looks nice. İ cant tell the craftsmanship too much in the pic but it kind of looks too much pricey however looks like you have a huge stone so it makes sense in a way ha

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Margot setting (currently unused and waiting for the right stone) and 3 bands by EW. I agree with @Lessics on the workmanship. They are little pieces of art. I haven't seen any other piece that compares. They are so delicate and detailed. I do not regret the expense at all.

Snow White

Rough_Rock
I still have to make a thread. I will as soon as my exams are over in four weeks (:
Hi Lessics, I hope your exams were successful.
Did you ship your ring to London?
I would love to read the story of your stone :)
Cheers,
SW

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And how, precisely, do you judge that?

İ am only learning but i think most of the 5k goes to the name as opposed to the actual detail work.
That is what İ see. Which is okay i guess. However not value for money in my eyes.
Verragio's designs are much busier than any of Erika's. That's quite literally by design. Her workmanship and finish is impeccable. The number of Verragio settings I've seen - I've lost count. I am comfortable asserting that Erika's workmanship and finish surpasses each and every one of them; look through my post history and you will find that I have actively discouraged PSers from buying Verragio mounts due to quality concerns.

If you've not actually seen any Erika Winters pieces in person, let alone compared designer works, then perhaps you ought not judge so hastily... Lest you raze your own repute...

Last edited:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I knew it was an EW from the initial pics!!! I love that setting. I've had the good fortune to see the Margot in person - a store in SF carries her line. It is a drop dead gorgeous setting. The one I saw was in rose gold with a huge OEC set into it...The craftsmanship was meticulous. I would have loved to reset into that setting...but I didn't have the $4,300 it would have cost me at that time (and that's before sales tax :oops2:).

I compromised and have a french band in brushed rose gold from her. I love it. I will say, I worked through a different vendor who carries her line, which probably did facilitate the process.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
The pink earrings in rose gold on the EW site...*drool*

Can anyone give me an estimate of what they might cost, just ballpark figure?

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
And how, precisely, do you judge that?

Verragio's designs are much busier than any of Erika's. That's quite literally by design. Her workmanship and finish is impeccable. The number of Verragio settings I've seen - I've lost count. I am comfortable asserting that Erika's workmanship and finish surpasses each and every one of them; look through my post history and you will find that I have actively discouraged PSers from buying Verragio mounts due to quality concerns.

If you've not actually seen any Erika Winters pieces in person, let alone compared designer works, then perhaps you ought not judge so hastily... Lest you raze your own repute...

İ did look at a few other of her designs there are some that actually appeal to me. However i will not mention them to my partner as theyre probably way out of my budget.
They are probably well made. İ just went off the inital dark pics where i couldnt tell much however upon further investigation there are some that look very good. İ havent seen a verragio nor a ew in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results