shape
carat
color
clarity

Class Ring/Homer Sapphire Project Complete, Great Job Ahern & Brucker

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hello Pricescope Gang!
35.gif

Well..Another project complete and I think the original plan of replacing the glass stone which cracked in my class ring turned out great. The original stone purchased was a 2.84 ct. yellow concave cut sapphire from Richard Homer, which would ultimately make it’s home in this class ring.
16.gif

Bob & Carol Ahern of www.ahernbrucker.com were GREAT

9.gif
once again in helping me with this project. Many of you might also know Bob & Carol were also responsible for my man’s wedding band too.
37.gif

The original idea was never a problem with either Bob or Carol and both of them did a great job in accommodating any idea’s I conveyed to them throughout the whole process.

4.gif
I needed a plate cast or fabricated to fit the original empty space where the original stone use to be. Carole fabricated a 22 kt. Gold plate and inserted it into the old stone housing and than set the sapphire into the insert that was cast. I wanted to make sure instead of closing the set stone off, there would be a way for light to get under the stone to help accent the brilliance concave faceting displays. Carole placed 3 holes on both the top of the cast plate and bottom (North/South) so extra light could enter from the top reaching beneath the stone.

Bob took some extra photos of the stone before mounted. Notice from the original photos, the sapphire is more of a “sunny delight” color/tangerine shade. Either way it is very pleasing to my eye.

36.gif

I think everything came out great and am so pleased with the results. I hope everyone enjoys the eye-candy and when the ring arrives I’ll try and take some hand shots.
3.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here''s the first idead I generated to Bob and Carol...

begining.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some stone shots...

0ps.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

1ps.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

2.5ps.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

2psgg.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

4ps.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

5ps.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

6ps.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

7ps.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Last one for now
5.gif

8ps.JPG

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
What a great idea. I never thought of replacing the class ring "stone" with a real one.
It turned out really nice.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great looking stone, it turned out nice!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Guys..The original Idea I had came from Magnums upgrade on his navy ring a couple years back. He used sapphire and an ideal cut diamond from DI at the time.
21.gif

magnuringd.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
That stone looks like a piece of butterscotch candy! I love it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cool class ring upgrade! I love the color in that stone!!! My husband had a tiny diamond in his college ring and for Christmas one year I had the jeweler put in a larger (.25 carat) better quality stone. His ring has a flat top.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how cool josh!!!! now if maybe i could just get my hands on greg''s class ring from college i could do something kinda fun with it too...instead of the oynx he has in there now...which i don''t love at all! hehee.

it looks awesome!!! congrats.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
My kid will be in highschool next year, and this gives me ideas....the only school I know of that does a real gem is a private boy''s school in the Baltimore area..

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
that looks great. I love class rings!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/24/2006 8:16:52 PM
Author: Mokey
That stone looks like a piece of butterscotch candy! I love it!
Hey Moke: I can't wait to see the ring in person. The finished picture of the stone really doesn't show the true color of this stone when set. The 22-karat yellow gold adds a little different depth to the stone. I remember when I received this sapphire the distinct tangerine color the stone possessed. This was a little different from the original picture i received from Homer, but was very pleased.
36.gif

Sundial:Cool class ring upgrade! I love the color in that stone!!! My husband had a tiny diamond in his college ring and for Christmas one year I had the jeweler put in a larger (.25 carat) better quality stone. His ring has a flat top.

Hi Sundial: Lucky husband of yours. I have seen the flat-top style your talking about and they are nice looking rings.

Mara: Hi Mara...I think changing the stone in Greg's class ring is a good idea. I never liked onyx either. It's probably because the stone has nothing going for it besides it shiny black luster...(Yukkk)

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/25/2006 12:31:46 AM
Author: reader
My kid will be in highschool next year, and this gives me ideas....the only school I know of that does a real gem is a private boy''s school in the Baltimore area..
Hi Reader:
35.gif

I think its a neat idea and it''s relatively inexpensive depending on what kind of stone your looking at..

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2006 6:12:17 PM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut

HEART BE STILL!!! LOOK AT THE ORANGE>>> MINE!!.... FAINTING.... drooling...... wiping off the keyboard..... fe...el..ling.... woo...zyy..............................

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea!!! hmmmmmmm...I had my school ring given to me for a Bridal Shower gift. It only took 17 yrs from graduation, for the school to start getting them - lol. But I thot it was a very personal gift - came from my principal and his family. Never know what might happen some day now - giggle :}
Nice work Josh :}

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool upgrade!!! Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results