shape
carat
color
clarity

Clasp identification (age?)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a little neck chain with this clasp that Ive never seen before. I am having a hard time figuring out how to “tighten” the latch mechanism (inside) it so it will stay clasped. The little plunger arrow can go all the way thru, there is a “catch” or ”latch” on the inside, but if it isn’t lined up just right, the plunger arrow just falls out. So, needless to say, I am afraid to wear it anywhere other than in my WFH chair. :(.

Has anyone seen something like this? How does it work? How can I tighten it? What approximate age could it be? (Tried google lens, etc)

B4C42574-70B2-49E2-A907-78EFA7E39DD2.jpeg

Attachments

• 6606CD1B-4A08-4856-BB88-F024C58EC569.jpeg
    6606CD1B-4A08-4856-BB88-F024C58EC569.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 6

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm! I have ever seen this style before.
Can you show where the arrow inserts, and how far it goes in?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right? I couldn’t find any info out using reverse image search or word searches. Seems to operate somewhat like a barrel clasp. There is the “arrow” or ”plunger” that inserts into the “box” part of the clasp. When I got it, the arrow was pushed completely thru the box and the little “notch” on the arrow was stuck on the jump ring. I gently pried that loose then it completely fell out of the box. You can see there is a little “plunger” thing on the box part that I believe should behave somewhat like a spring mechanism such that you push in the arrow and the little notches at the point go past something in the box and latch. To remove, press the plunger and the arrow breaks free.

So, I am trying to figure out whether I can “tighten” the whatever thing inside so that the plunger thing will catch on the arrow thing. You know, so I can wear this dainty little necklace. And I think the clasp is so cool I do not want to put a lobster or spring ring clasp on it.

Hope these pics help. It’s super tiny. 2C521E70-8AB2-4262-9835-36CFF36C40DA.jpeg 30830A68-5357-4441-8087-9A9260F8DDE1.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
way above my pay grade :lol-2:
but i can bump this for you =)2

someone will know

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because the arrow part has little holes, I'm thinking that something is missing here.
One side of the clasp consists of a box. Perhaps the arrow side of the clasp had a box too, where the holes are. That way, the arrow wouldn't plunge straight through the box, but would stop inside the box at just the right place to catch and be secure.
Just a thought!
I have an Art Deco bracelet that had a very weird clasp. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how it worked. I turned the internet upside down until I saw a similar one on eBay. Sure enough, part of the clasp was missing. I had to fabricate the missing part to make the clasp work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results