shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steve

Rough_Rock
One of the diamonds I found on DCD is listed at a great price. The diamonds above and below (when I do a search) it are almost identical, but are about $300 more. I'm trying to determine what is causing the drop in price. The only thing I can see is that under clarity it is a VS2, and has characteristics of a "Crystal" and "Cloud". Are these particular characteristics worse than a feather?

It is laser inscribed, G VS2, Excellent polish, Excellent Symmetry, No flourescence, no Culet, Medium Faceted, 61.5% depth, 58% table, with listed charactersics of Cloud and Crystal. Any ideas why it is significantly less than those diamonds that fell above and below it on a search?

Thanks.

Steve

Babylon1023

Rough_Rock
I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the 58% table. Most Ideal ranges dictate that the table be from 54 (or so) percent to 57.5%, and your diamond is just .5% off the Ideal ranges, hence the discount. That's what I think is going on anyway, and from what I heard around here you will NEVER notice the difference between a 57% table and a 58% table with your naked eye. If the name Ideal means nothing to you as long as the diamond looks exactly the same, I say take the discount. I can't answer the clarity questions though, except to say that if the cloud comment was in the "Additional Comments" section in the context of "Additional clouds are not shown", all those extra comments refer to things you're NEVER going to see with your naked eye alone, it's all microscopic. Otherwise, I dunno. I'll leave the rest to the other posters, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results