shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity of Engagement Diamond

What is/ was/ will be the clarity of your center stone (AGS or GIA equivilent please)

• FL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • IF

• VVS1

• VS1

• VS2

• SI1

• SI2

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Another poll... *Bump me* if I need it
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I put SI1 as acceptable but in my heart I really never wanted to go below VS2 and I''m very glad I didn''t! I think for a round I''d consider it again though, but no way for my cushion.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Mine is an SI1. I love it! I can''t see anything from the top, even through a loupe... From the side, in certain lightings and if I squint hard enough, I can see a tiny white feather. I actually like it, I think it makes my stone unique.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said VVS2.
Very mind-clean but I don''t like IF because it makes it a little harder to identify my stone if their is no inclusion to look for.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m SI2. I can''t see anything without a loupe (there''s one spot that I should be able to see, but the prong covers it) and I have a VERY hard time finding anything even with a loupe. We had a tight budget so I couldn''t see paying for something that I couldn''t see. As long as it''s eye clean to me, it''s mind clean
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mine''s VS1

shay

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 7:30:35 AM
Author: anchor31
Mine is an SI1. I love it! I can''t see anything from the top, even through a loupe... From the side, in certain lightings and if I squint hard enough, I can see a tiny white feather. I actually like it, I think it makes my stone unique.
I hoped for something like that and I''m disappointed I can''t find anything with a loupe - sorta... I mean I''m glad but I think I''d rather have a tiny little something only I knew was there lol

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a VS1 and VS2. It''s a mind clean for me.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Asscher is a VVS2.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2006 3:04:57 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I put SI1 as acceptable but in my heart I really never wanted to go below VS2 and I''m very glad I didn''t! I think for a round I''d consider it again though, but no way for my cushion.
Of course I feel almost the same as Cehra. She is obviously my West Coast Twin.
9.gif

I was looking down to SI1 but the ones I saw under the loop were scarry. Then looking online at GIA certs it looked liked they had many many flaws. Yet from PS I know that some people have FAB
30.gif
SI1 stones that don''t have any structural problems.

Finally I HAD to pick from what was for sale at the time. No SI1''s met ALL my other criteria for a stone. So although one of the final 3 was SI1 it had no fluor and looked a little yellow. And of course I got a cushion which doesn''t hide flaws as well. So yes I''d go for it for a RB RHR.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2006 11:27:05 AM

Date: 12/14/2006 7:30:35 AM
Author: anchor31
I hoped for something like that and I''m disappointed I can''t find anything with a loupe - sorta... I mean I''m glad but I think I''d rather have a tiny little something only I knew was there lol
Well you''ll just have to rely on how unique the CUT of your stone is.
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 4:23:29 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 12/14/2006 3:04:57 AM
Of course I feel almost the same as Cehra. She is obviously my West Coast Twin.
9.gif

I was looking down to SI1 but the ones I saw under the loop were scarry. Then looking online at GIA certs it looked liked they had many many flaws. Yet from PS I know that some people have FAB
30.gif
SI1 stones that don''t have any structural problems.

Finally I HAD to pick from what was for sale at the time. No SI1''s met ALL my other criteria for a stone. So although one of the final 3 was SI1 it had no fluor and looked a little yellow. And of course I got a cushion which doesn''t hide flaws as well. So yes I''d go for it for a RB RHR.
oh absolutely - WCT hehe - if... er when... er if... I get that D SB RB I''d definitely drop in clarity - the stone I have though - no way could I have inclusions - you''d spot them across the room!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
My OEC is an Si1 and it''s totally eyeclean! I haven''t louped it though as I''m worried I''d see it from then on out.
5.gif
2.gif
It''s also a J and I''ve never seen a tint to it.... maybe love really is blind!
9.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine''s a VS2. I use to have an SI1, but now I notice it is quite clear.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Mine is SI1. I refuse to pay for something I cannot see, but that''s me
2.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
IF - I waited 11 years and I wanted it
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2006 9:24:58 PM
Author: Skippy123
Mine''s a VS2. I use to have an SI1, but now I notice it is quite clear.
That''s interesting. Did your other stone have SB Fluor? Or maybe alot of little inclusions scattered everywhere thru the diamond?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2006 11:06:35 PM
Author: lisaC
IF - I waited 11 years and I wanted it
1.gif
WAY to GO! We all need to get what we want!! Many many different diamonds are just STUNNING.

Nothing wrong with IF or with SI. It all depends on what the person who is going to wear it wants.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely agree that all nice diamonds need a good home regardless of their clarity (eye clean)! But what I find interesting is that this forum really, really seems to recommend SI diamonds when a newcomer asks for help, yet over 60% of the people here responding to the poll have answered VS or VVS (or F, IF).

pittsburgh66

Rough_Rock
VVS2 Asscher -- just bought it yesterday!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes there seems to be a bias toward SI stones here from reading so many posts. Now I only got to vote once on this poll so this is a weakness of the poll. Is there a way to vote for each ering stone we have? If not we really need two polls.

1) What was the clarity of your 1st ering? 2) What is the clarity of the one you have now?

I'm thinking that some people started with SI and picked a higher clarity for their 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) ering.

Others had high clarity and decided that SI could get them a higher size.

It would be neat to compare the two polls. Maybe the OP could design 2 polls?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 12:13:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I definitely agree that all nice diamonds need a good home regardless of their clarity (eye clean)! But what I find interesting is that this forum really, really seems to recommend SI diamonds when a newcomer asks for help, yet over 60% of the people here responding to the poll have answered VS or VVS (or F, IF).
What I''ve noticed is that people tend to recommend their *own* sweet spots etc. and it just so happens that some of the more prolific posters are big diamond deal hunters ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 1:25:16 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Yes there seems to be a bias toward SI stones here from reading so many posts. Now I only got to vote once on this poll so this is a weakness of the poll. Is there a way to vote for each ering stone we have? If not we really need two polls.

1) What was the clarity of your 1st ering? 2) What is the clarity of the one you have now?

I''m thinking that some people started with SI and picked a higher clarity for their 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) ering.

Others had high clarity and decided that SI could get them a higher size.

It would be neat to compare the two polls. Maybe the OP could design 2 polls?
I think it could be a simpler poll:

For those who have gotten new diamonds or upgraded did you:
Go up in clarity and in color
Go up in clarity and down in color
Go down in clarity and up in color
go down in clarity and cown in color

then of course there are those who kept the same color or clarity - I''m too lazy to make this poll lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results