shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity for Color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guel8

Rough_Rock
Can I sacrifice a little clarity for color? How do you guys like these 3? Assuming they are eye clean of course.
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=78272,49732,160981

I will be talking to Tracy from Whiteflash this afternoon. I have made up my mind, the stone will go on a Tiffany Style solitare band. Going for the classic look. The wedding band will most likely get 5 stones.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
absolutely!
don''t pay for what you can''t see!

i love a good g/si
18.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like paying for what I can't see.

People vary.
1.gif

The middle one has inclusions that are more noticeable than the others.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would absolutely sacrifice clarity (until the line between eyeclean and not eyeclean is crossed) for color. The G/SI looks good. I would ask if the F is eyeclean before seriously considering it. I''d definitely go G over H though. G''s a great sweet spot.

guel8

Rough_Rock
So SI2 is okay over SI1 on the G? Everyone seems to like the G.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
From the magnified images, the G and the H look much cleaner than the F. The G might be a good choice - a little bigger than the H, better color. Maybe there''s something I''m not seeing in those magnified images, so it will definitely help to chat with Traci.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 12:09:59 PM
Author: guel8
So SI2 is okay over SI1 on the G? Everyone seems to like the G.
as long as it''s eye clean (if that''s important to you) as kenny pointed out, everyone is different.
2.gif

i would gladly take an si2.
30.gif
and ''g'' of course.
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a G SI2, if it''s eye clean. Maybe have Brian take a look at it for you.

guel8

Rough_Rock
Who is Brian?

guel8

Rough_Rock
What is the PS discount?

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I believe Brian is the cutter at Whiteflash who can discuss those stones with you. The Pricescope (PS) discount is 5% off the price listed on the whiteflash website for being a member of pricescope...

guel8

Rough_Rock
Wow 5%. Do I need a certain number of posts, or to have been here for a certain amount of time?

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
nope... just have to mention pricescope. I know because I did it earlier last month! I didn''t become a member until after I purchased.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Careful.

It is not 5% for all stones and keep in mind you must pay by wire to get the PS discount.

wpeng1974

Rough_Rock
G or F would be my choice. I would choose color over clarity given they are both eye clean. The G looks "more likely" to be eye clean than the F. I can see the inclusion in the enlarged pic of the F stone. If you can''t decide, have them ship both to you for a comparison. You are the final judge no matter what other people say. Paying a little extra shipping for the comparison is well worth it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the folks at WF told me the SI2 stone was eye-clean or able to be covered with a prong, I dont see any reason not to go down to an SI2. If you really wanted bang for your buck, you could go down in color if you wanted as well. Many here have J''s that they love.

guel8

Rough_Rock
I think I might just go with the G. I suppose I can return it if I ultimately don't like it.

What do you guys think? 4 or 6 prong?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 11:59:27 AM
Author: kenny
I like paying for what I can''t see.

People vary.
1.gif
I''m with kenny.... to me having a crisp clean stone of any color is better than a super clear (aka white) one with bits in it.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 2:13:11 PM
Careful.

It is not 5% for all stones and keep in mind you must pay by wire to get the PS discount.
Yes, I have been seeing the 5% number thrown around alot lately. I believe the discount ranges from 2-5% with a wire transfer.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Frankly, that middle one frightened me. I want my stones eye clean also. From the pics, there''s no way that middle one is anywhere near eye clean. You couldn''t even pass it off as a dirty diamond that just needs to be clean (like you can for some black speck inclusions).

guel8

Rough_Rock
So do you guys think I made a good choice?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is going to blow you away with its beauty.

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
I think the G is going to be beautiful. Great choice.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 10:05:28 PM
Author: guel8
So do you guys think I made a good choice?
It will be gorgeous, please come back and show us some pics!

tuanle55

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 2:13:11 PM
Careful.

That''s not true. WhiteFlash doesn''t require a wire for the PS discount. I don''t know if you still get additional discount if using bankwire but I bought through PS and paid in full with a credit card. I don''t know about the other vendors.

guel8

Rough_Rock
Tracy is going to get back to me about the discount today, and I will be giving her the green light on the diamond. It will be going on a Tiffany style 4 prong solitare setting.

diamondpug

Rough_Rock
My response to tulane55 above... (not sure how to include someone else's post in mine)

maybe it depends on how much you spend?

Pugsy

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 10:58:16 AM
Author: diamondpug
My response to tulane55 above... (not sure how to include someone else''s post in mine)

maybe it depends on how much you spend?

Pugsy
it has nothing at all to do with what you spend. you can find what the ps price would be by doing a search using the ''pricescope your diamond'' search above. the discount prices are listed.

to quote someone, just click the ''reply'' button that is above the persons post you want to quote. once the reply box opens, click the ''quote'' button on the left side (under ''attach file''). the quote will come up and you can reply below it.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results