shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity enhanced? To Buy or Not To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barb

Rough_Rock
I have been researching diamonds on the web for months--my husband is going to buy me a new diamond for our 10th anniversary. Just today, I saw some diamonds indicating they were GIA certed on an jeweler's website priced considerably lower than I've seen. I'm guessing they are clarity enhanced, but don't know for sure at this point. My question is, are clarity enhanced diamonds even worth considering, or should I just keep on looking? I appreciate any advice you can give!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
GIA do not do certs for clarity enhanced, only laser drilled diamonds.Personally I dont like the idea or a non natural, not forever diamond.The filler will come out in time, 1 year or 100.

Barb

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I called the e-retailer today and inquired about some of the stones that were priced so incredibly low and was told that it was a mistake, that they were entered inaccurately on their site. So . . . I will continue to look!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Barb,If diamonds are clarity enhanced, in should be mentioned in GIA report and dealer must inform you too.Why they are so much cheaper? Could be many other reasons: cut quality and origin (India, Israel, etc).Is clarity enhanced diamond worth it? Difficult question. Depends very much on your taste. Some would say that it is better to buy Moissanite or CS instead. But obviously there is a market for this product too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results