shape
carat
color
clarity

Clairitek''s Super Productive and Exciting Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I went up to RI this weekend to take care of some wedding stuff.

FI and I accomplished the following:

- completed church paperwork for our ceremony
- got marriage license (RI is a cheap one! only $24)
- checked out our reserved space for our reception dinner, didn''t like it and found another one
- met with three photographers and chose one
- went BM dress shopping with two of my BMs. 1 of them found a dress

When I got back to PA my wedding bands (gotta send one back though) were sitting at the FedEx facility for pick up. I think I''ll be keeping my WF 5-stone 0.25 carat total weight band. I love the Tiff Jazz/WF Danielle but my e-ring shank is just too beefy for it. Totally dwarfs the bezel band.

When I got back to my house my great eBay J Crew Sophia Dress find was sitting in my living room. The dress is gorgeous and I can''t wait to see my MOHs in the dress. It was as light as a feather! Now 3/6 have a dress.

Best of all..

MY WEDDING DRESS WAS AT WORK WHEN I CAME IN THIS MORNING! It actually arrived on Friday but I was away so I couldn''t see it until today.

I thought I would need it hemmed and taken in at the hips but I tried it on and it fit perfectly on my waist and bust (well it will fit in the bust with cups or a strapless bra on) and the hem length is PERFECT! I am wearing flats and in my bare feet it just hardly touched the ground. That''s a huge savings in the alterations department!

All of the women I work with made me try it on in the conference room. There are so few women where we work that they get super excited about something that is girly and not engineering related. Made me so excited for my wedding!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow what a great weekend! Well done!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
WooHoo!!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:20:35 AM
Author:Clairitek
I went up to RI this weekend to take care of some wedding stuff.

FI and I accomplished the following:

- completed church paperwork for our ceremony

- got marriage license (RI is a cheap one! only $24)

- checked out our reserved space for our reception dinner, didn''t like it and found another one

- met with three photographers and chose one

- went BM dress shopping with two of my BMs. 1 of them found a dress

When I got back to PA my wedding bands (gotta send one back though) were sitting at the FedEx facility for pick up. I think I''ll be keeping my WF 5-stone 0.25 carat total weight band. I love the Tiff Jazz/WF Danielle but my e-ring shank is just too beefy for it. Totally dwarfs the bezel band.

When I got back to my house my great eBay J Crew Sophia Dress find was sitting in my living room. The dress is gorgeous and I can''t wait to see my MOHs in the dress. It was as light as a feather! Now 3/6 have a dress.

Best of all..

MY WEDDING DRESS WAS AT WORK WHEN I CAME IN THIS MORNING! It actually arrived on Friday but I was away so I couldn''t see it until today.

I thought I would need it hemmed and taken in at the hips but I tried it on and it fit perfectly on my waist and bust (well it will fit in the bust with cups or a strapless bra on) and the hem length is PERFECT! I am wearing flats and in my bare feet it just hardly touched the ground. That''s a huge savings in the alterations department!

All of the women I work with made me try it on in the conference room. There are so few women where we work that they get super excited about something that is girly and not engineering related. Made me so excited for my wedding!
Date:

Major LOL to your female co-workers! I can picture it now... All of them away from their jobs, huddling around in the conference room, demanding you try the dress on... And all the males at your workplace suddenly realize... "Where did all the women go???" as giggles and ooh''s and ahhh''s can be heard through the conference room door
1.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:38:21 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

Date:

Major LOL to your female co-workers! I can picture it now... All of them away from their jobs, huddling around in the conference room, demanding you try the dress on... And all the males at your workplace suddenly realize... ''Where did all the women go???'' as giggles and ooh''s and ahhh''s can be heard through the conference room door
1.gif
I KNOW!
36.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
wow, really productive. How long are the RI marrige licenses good for?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW massivley productive weekend congrats :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 12:50:48 PM
Author: emeraldlover1

3 months! It expires July 2nd and we get married on June 20th. I knew FI and I wouldn''t be up there together again before the big weekend. I figured it was one less thing to worry about on the day before our wedding.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:39:51 AM
Author: tlh
Date: 4/6/2009 11:38:21 AM

Author: PilsnPinkysMom

Date:

Major LOL to your female co-workers! I can picture it now... All of them away from their jobs, huddling around in the conference room, demanding you try the dress on... And all the males at your workplace suddenly realize... ''Where did all the women go???'' as giggles and ooh''s and ahhh''s can be heard through the conference room door

1.gif
I KNOW!
36.gif

That''s pretty much what happened! Well, I''m not sure if any of the men noticed that all of a sudden every woman working in the office was missing. Besides them there are only 4 other women in the building... me, two grad students, and a researcher. You''d think they would notice such a thing but somehow I doubt they did.
20.gif
3.gif
21.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! You did get a lot done. GO YOU!
36.gif
and yay about the very few alterations needed.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that my Nicole Miller second reception/going out dress came in! I am in major need of some alterations otherwise will be showing everyone 75% of my boobs. I think now that I realized the push up pads are removable and the straps are a little too long it will be OK. I am going to take it with me on Friday when I have my first gown fitting. I am just not accustomed to showing lots of boob!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:14:01 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 4/6/2009 12:50:48 PM
Author: emeraldlover1

3 months! It expires July 2nd and we get married on June 20th. I knew FI and I wouldn''t be up there together again before the big weekend. I figured it was one less thing to worry about on the day before our wedding.
Totally, I''m so jealous. I want to get it out of the way so that I don''t have to worry about it the month of. Unfortunatley they are only good for 30 days here.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful set of things to have done!! That story about your dress is too cute - I can totally picture it, how funny!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that does sound like a super-productive weekend! You are a superstar!

Do you have pictures of the WF bands with your e-ring? I am curious to see what they look like!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 2:41:34 PM
Author: kittybean
Wow, that does sound like a super-productive weekend! You are a superstar!

Do you have pictures of the WF bands with your e-ring? I am curious to see what they look like!

My camera battery is dead and I have no idea where my charger is! Its been weeks.

The bands I received in the mail are the
Whiteflash Danielle and the Whiteflash 5-stone shared prong band.

I am pretty sure I am going to go with the 5-stone band. Both my e-ring shank and the 5-stone band have a little taper going into the stones. If you look at my ring thread and the WF link you can kinda see what I''m talking about.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 2:08:00 PM
Author: Clairitek
I forgot to mention that my Nicole Miller second reception/going out dress came in! I am in major need of some alterations otherwise will be showing everyone 75% of my boobs. I think now that I realized the push up pads are removable and the straps are a little too long it will be OK. I am going to take it with me on Friday when I have my first gown fitting. I am just not accustomed to showing lots of boob!
I was going to say...Where is your NM dress?!

I want PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! What a great weekend!

JR320

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, what a productive weekend!

I second Freke - let''s see your NM dress!

Are your BMs all wearing different dresses?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:15:32 PM
Author: JR320
Congrats, what a productive weekend!

I second Freke - let''s see your NM dress!

Are your BMs all wearing different dresses?
Yup they are all wearing different dresses. I just told them knee length (or within a few inches) and blue.

I''ll work on getting together the dresses already selected tonight and post them later.

As for the NM dress... It needs some work. Its totally obscene otherwise. The only pics I have are from my phone and I look totally trashy.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on all the accomplishments!
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to see pics of both your dresses!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Psst....My NM dress got here today...

JR320

Shiny_Rock
Clairitek - your BMs will looks great. I love that they all have their own style and shade.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek, I wish my trips home were that productive!! Dam*!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results