shape
carat
color
clarity

Clairitek''s Semi-Pro Engagement Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So I call these "semi pro" pics because I got them for free from a budding photographer who was looking to build her portfolio. I wanted to time the shoot for when the flowering trees on my grad school campus were in bloom. Unfortunately the day we could shoot was also really rainy and a bit cold.

So here are a few of my favorites. I don''t think we will do truly professional engagement pics. This session was useful for learning how to become a little more comfortable in front of the camera together.

On to the pictures...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''ll start with this one.

I gotta give a shout out to Meresal for the idea. I really loved her super-cute football jersey pic that I HAD to get some shots in our baseball tee shirts. This is the actual field where I recall first laying eyes on FI. Oddly, I think we were standing in about the exact spot (pitcher''s mound) where I was standing the first time I saw him two summers ago.

meresalinspirationctekepic.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
This was taken on the green of my grad school campus.

Side note- I saw Joe Biden speak on those steps in the background 3 days before he was electet Vice President. It was an awesome day.

Somehow the photographer managed to capture no one else in this shot. The campus was CRAWLING with accepted high school seniors and not a single bright yellow plastic pancho is in site!

UDGREENengagementpicctek.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Is it possible to be sexy up against a sopping wet backstop? Holding a grungy softball from your car trunk? Nah. But I am sort of digging the somewhat mischievous look on my face. This was our last shot of the day I think. We were pretty wet at this point.

softballfieldwetctekepic.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Another Meresal inspired pic.

rainbaseballshirtsctekepics.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
This might be sort of small. It was taken in the classroom where FI and I had our only class together. I wanted to find a classroom with more old school desks but this was a classroom that meant something to us.

If you're interested, the class we took was Green Engineering.

ETA: Not small at all! File size was really small though. Weird.

classroomctekepic.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Third floor of one of the grand buildings on campus thats pretty much all lecture classrooms. The first floor has this really cool compass thing in it but they were having an info fair for the accepted students so we had to avoid that floor. I like the archways.

I was trying to be serious in this pic but I failed I think.

ghallepicctekserious.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Another classroom pic.

handonfacectekclassroomepic.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Pretty pictures Claritek!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Another green shot.

udgreenctekengagementpic2345.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 9:03:45 PM
Author: Clairitek
Another Meresal inspired pic.
I LOVE this picture!!! And the ones on the Green... the colors are gorgeous!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful to have pictures taken on your college campus! I think they turned out great!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
love the baseball ones! i want to do the same with our jerseys and throw the ball around a bit for action shots....your pics came out super cute! thanks for sharing

the classroom shots are very original and cute, too!
congrats!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Cute pics, Claire! I love the ones of you on the green. And how embarrassed am I that I JUST made the connection of your username...DUH! And I''m from Massachusetts!
20.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I am pleased with the turnout considering that this girl has only shot one other engagement session that I know of. I found her by placing an ad for someone who was looking to build their portfolio. I actually got a pretty large response and for some reason this girl''s enthusiasm just spoke to me so I decided to take a chance. No harm done if they had turned out horribly.

I also wanted to point out that the reason my hair is a crazy lion''s mane in the softball field shots is because it was raining pretty steady at that point and we had decided to ditch the umbrellas for a change of pace. The mousse I had used when I dried my hair that morning made for an interesting texture!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 10:57:55 PM
Author: Selkie
Cute pics, Claire! I love the ones of you on the green. And how embarrassed am I that I JUST made the connection of your username...DUH! And I''m from Massachusetts!
20.gif

Clairitek is pretty much the only "nickname" I''ve ever consistently used for myself. I do admire Jason Varitek quite a bit.
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I forgot the flowering trees shots!

ctekengagementpicsflowertree.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think these might be called the kissing arches. How appropriate!

brickarchctekengagementpics.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Crazy rain hair up close.

rainhairctekengagementpics.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I just realized that this one is the cropped version without the HUGE puddle.

recropbackstopimage.JPG

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
These are all so cute, but I love the flowering trees shot and the crazy rain hair shot!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re great photos! Love the flowering tree shot!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that my internet is FINALLY working, and I can actually check PS, I think they look GREAT C-tek! I love the colors, and the world always looks more green when it''s raining/rained. You guys are cuties together btw!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 11:20:10 PM
I can''t believe I forgot the flowering trees shots!
I like this one the best; awww, too cute!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 11:26:36 PM
I think these might be called the kissing arches. How appropriate!
I LOVE this one! You guys are so adorable. I love that you did the pictures where you met:)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
These pictures are great!! I think the second meresal-inspired pic is my favourite, but they are all really good.
1.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Love them, especially the classroom pic, what a nice idea!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You guys are adorable! Love the pictures, thank you so much for sharing them with us
1.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2009 8:59:40 PM
This was taken on the green of my grad school campus.

Side note- I saw Joe Biden speak on those steps in the background 3 days before he was electet Vice President. It was an awesome day.

Somehow the photographer managed to capture no one else in this shot. The campus was CRAWLING with accepted high school seniors and not a single bright yellow plastic pancho is in site!
I love this picture by Memorial Hall - it''s too pretty! I also like the kissing arches pic - these are fabulous Clairitek - you make an adoreable couple!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Claire, these photos are great!!

Your campus looks oddly similar to my undergrad campus, but I don''t think it''s the same place. Great area for photography, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results