shape
carat
color
clarity

Clairitek''s Semi-Pro Engagement Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! We're a Phillies/Red Sox couple too, although in our case I'm the Phillies fan and my FI is the Red Sox fan. We're bummed that they no longer play each other in inner-league play
7.gif
Anyway, great idea to get some free engagement photos, and I love the Georgian architecture (I think it's Georgian) on your grad school campus!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Cute!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the pictures!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 5:06:24 PM
Author: havernell
Oh my gosh! We''re a Phillies/Red Sox couple too, although in our case I''m the Phillies fan and my FI is the Red Sox fan. We''re bummed that they no longer play each other in inner-league play
7.gif
Anyway, great idea to get some free engagement photos, and I love the Georgian architecture (I think it''s Georgian) on your grad school campus!
They do still play each other! They are playing each other this summer in fact! The only way to get tickets directly is through purchasing a 6 pack or season tickets but you could probably get some on eBay or craigslist if you are motivated enough.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 4:16:55 PM
Author: violet3

Date: 4/18/2009 8:59:40 PM
Author: Clairitek
This was taken on the green of my grad school campus.

Side note- I saw Joe Biden speak on those steps in the background 3 days before he was electet Vice President. It was an awesome day.

Somehow the photographer managed to capture no one else in this shot. The campus was CRAWLING with accepted high school seniors and not a single bright yellow plastic pancho is in site!
I love this picture by Memorial Hall - it''s too pretty! I also like the kissing arches pic - these are fabulous Clairitek - you make an adoreable couple!
Did you go to school where I go to school? Clearly, you''re familiar with the buildings.
9.gif

And thanks! We are pretty goofy together and we spent most of the day laughing at how silly we felt. It was tough to convince FI to do the pictures but when I told him he would get to kiss me for hours on end he agreed. Boys.
20.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 4:32:38 PM
Author: TheBigT
Claire, these photos are great!!

Your campus looks oddly similar to my undergrad campus, but I don''t think it''s the same place. Great area for photography, though!
Is your campus filled with big brick buildings that have columns as well? When I first started here I wondered whether one could die from overexposure to brick because where I grew up brick isn''t a common building material.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 8:15:30 PM

Date: 4/19/2009 4:16:55 PM
Author: violet3

Date: 4/18/2009 8:59:40 PM
This was taken on the green of my grad school campus.

Side note- I saw Joe Biden speak on those steps in the background 3 days before he was electet Vice President. It was an awesome day.

Somehow the photographer managed to capture no one else in this shot. The campus was CRAWLING with accepted high school seniors and not a single bright yellow plastic pancho is in site!
I love this picture by Memorial Hall - it's too pretty! I also like the kissing arches pic - these are fabulous Clairitek - you make an adoreable couple!
Did you go to school where I go to school? Clearly, you're familiar with the buildings.
9.gif

And thanks! We are pretty goofy together and we spent most of the day laughing at how silly we felt. It was tough to convince FI to do the pictures but when I told him he would get to kiss me for hours on end he agreed. Boys.
20.gif
Sure did
2.gif
- that part of the mall is a perfect place for photos!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 8:18:22 PM

Your campus looks oddly similar to my undergrad campus, but I don''t think it''s the same place. Great area for photography, though!

Is your campus filled with big brick buildings that have columns as well? When I first started here I wondered whether one could die from overexposure to brick because where I grew up brick isn''t a common building material.

Yeah, it''s that Georgian-style architecture that''s pretty common in the Mid Atlantic states.... We definitely had big brick buildings with columns everywhere. And some arches, too!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 8:48:34 PM

Date: 4/19/2009 8:18:22 PM

Yeah, it''s that Georgian-style architecture that''s pretty common in the Mid Atlantic states.... We definitely had big brick buildings with columns everywhere. And some arches, too!
Bingo!

Good to know thats what the style is called! I am not well-versed in architecture terminology.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
You two are an adorable couple and I love your fuschia dress!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 11:26:36 PM
I think these might be called the kissing arches. How appropriate!
Oh I love this shot! The trees look gorgeous!

And I really like the ones on the field in the rain, too - they seem very genuine! You guys make a great couple.
9.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Those shots are so great! Rainy days make for the best shots. The colors are so much more vivid.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 9:24:52 PM
Another green shot.

This one is so great!
36.gif
36.gif
And the one where he is looking at you in the classroom--he just looks so smitten.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ctek where did you get your dress? I think I have it, too
9.gif

LOVE the classroom pics! Too cute.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pictures! I love the vivid colors and the trees in bloom--so gorgeous. You make such a cute couple!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 12:30:42 AM
Author: Miscka
Ctek where did you get your dress? I think I have it, too
9.gif

LOVE the classroom pics! Too cute.

I actually got it at TJ Maxx for $5 from the clearance rack! Its the second time I''ve worn it. I almost wore it with my almost knee-high leather boots with a kitten heel but they didn''t really say "Spring" to me.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 12:28:24 AM
Author: katamari
Date: 4/18/2009 9:24:52 PM

Another green shot.

This one is so great!
36.gif
36.gif
And the one where he is looking at you in the classroom--he just looks so smitten.

The more I look at this one the more I think we might frame it and stick it up in the bedroom. I like the fact that I am laughing without looking strange. Most pics of me laughing are sort of ridiculous.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. I am going to pass a few on to the photographer as I think she deserves to hear that people are enjoying her work. Now I just have to choose a few to frame. I was going to do a quilt patch guest book (like MMM) but now I''m thinking that I might make a photobook with some blank pages for people to sign like some others have done on PS.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C-tek your pictures are fantastic!! I love how natural your pictures are! My favourite are the ones in the field with the purple dress - so pwetty!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Super cute pictures! Your photog did a great job.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Cute pictures Claire :) it was awesome to meet you this weekend!!!!

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 11:26:36 PM
I think these might be called the kissing arches. How appropriate!
Your pictures are awesome Clairitek!!

Yep, these are the Kissing Arches, I remember hearing the story when I first toured the campus years ago. They got their name when Memorial was the only building shared by the men''s and women''s colleges which were on the North and South Green. There arches were a meeting place for the young men and women, as well as a place to kiss goodnight before cerfew!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results