shape
carat
color
clarity

circle Tahitians

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
So I would love some circle Tahitians but I am really dumb when it comes to pearls. Anyone want to give advice on best place to look for this, what to look for when looking to make sure I settle on something nice?

Thank you!!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you checked out Pearl Paradise? They usually have a good assortment of Tahitians, including circled ones. And there's a 15% off sale going on now. Link: https://www.pearlparadise.com/collections/tahitian-pearls/necklace
I've bought quite a few pearls from Pearl Paradise. They have excellent customer service and a customer friendly return policy. You can also call them and discuss what you are looking for.

A lower cost option (but also not the same quality) is WenPearls on Etsy. They ship from China. Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WenPearls?search_query=tahitian

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Have you checked out Pearl Paradise? They usually have a good assortment of Tahitians, including circled ones. And there's a 15% off sale going on now. Link: https://www.pearlparadise.com/collections/tahitian-pearls/necklace
I've bought quite a few pearls from Pearl Paradise. They have excellent customer service and a customer friendly return policy. You can also call them and discuss what you are looking for.

A lower cost option (but also not the same quality) is WenPearls on Etsy. They ship from China. Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WenPearls?search_query=tahitian

Thank you! I have had good purchases of freshwater pearls in the past from PP but I bought a pair of Tahitian studs once that I felt were poorly matched, I was too lazy to send them back so I just got rid of them. So I was a bit nervous to look there this time as I am not someone who really knows what I am looking at with this. I think I will just go check out what they have though, thanks!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their Tahitian and South Sea necklaces are photographed individually so you'd be able to see exactly what you are getting. (Earrings instead are not photographed individually, so unless one asks for photos of several pairs and then chooses the specific pair one wants, it's a bit harder to know what one is getting.)

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Cmw pearls has circle Tahitians. I haven't bought from them and I don't quite know how to read the videos in terms of what the pearls will look like IRL compared to the videos, but I do enjoy the eye candy.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The CMW pearls do look pretty!

With Tahitians generally you have to be aware of the difference between body color and overtone color. Circle pearls tend to have nice overtone colors!

Body color is what you will see no matter what the lighting is. Most commonly it's light gray, dark gray or greenish.

Overtone colors are what you'll see when the light is indirect or diffuse-- such as in the shade, or on an overcast day, or indoors with natural light. Overtone colors tend to be more prominent when the body color is lighter.

Vendors generally use studio lighting to bring out the overtone colors. However, under most lighting you will not see the colors that bright. You can email the vendor to ask for photos in natural light (but if you do that during a sale, you may not get a reply int time to buy the item you're looking at).

I suggest looking at this thread for examples of vendor photos vs. buyer photos:

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I’ve bought circle Tahitians from CMW and feel they were fairly represented. You can always ask for additional photos. JNBGems on Etsy is another vendor I’d recommend.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Cmw pearls has circle Tahitians. I haven't bought from them and I don't quite know how to read the videos in terms of what the pearls will look like IRL compared to the videos, but I do enjoy the eye candy.

thank you for that link those are pretty! Do you know if they arrive loose and I would need to get them strung myself?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I believe you can choose both options, at the bottom of the "buy" screen you say how you would like the pearls finished. You can also contact them on WhatsApp and always found them to be responsive to questions. I believe they are based in Hong Kong though, in case that impacts your shipping situation.

LoverJewel

Rough_Rock
Trade
thank you for that link those are pretty! Do you know if they arrive loose and I would need to get them strung myself?

I asked them, they also help to string the bracelet or necklace when you purchase a bail from them. it seems that if you request to use elastic threads they string it for free as one of my friend purchased from them. But I still havent found something great for myself yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results