shape
carat
color
clarity

Circle of Life Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Need opinions please. I love the circle of life necklaces since they came out about 2 years ago. Not sure how long they have been around, but just love them.

I went to my jeweler the other day and they had 2 in stock. One that is 0.5 tcw (a little bigger than the size of a quarter) and a smaller one that''s 0.25 tcw ( size of a nickel). I tried both of them on and fell in love with the smaller one. Stones looke pretty good and white. Now I am thinking if I should consider getting them? The small one is $350.

Two things that are pulling me back:

i) I should concerntrade on saving for my ring upgrade.

ii) Most of all, I am afraid that it will go out of style soon.

Please let me know what you think? Will it go out of style soon? Should I just forget about it and save for my ring upgrade?

Please help, only you all diamond lovers can understand. Thanks.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jewels, my personal opinion is that it''s very classic and will not go out of fashion....but I''m biased since I have one myself.

Mine is around 2ctw, 20mm in diameter.

COLpendant1.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d want the upgrade.....

movie zombie

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree with DiaDiva that this is a classic that will remain in style, but of course I love them and I have one too (although mine has an oval shape). I think the real issue is how much this purchase would delay you from your ultimate goal of an upgrade. It you can swing it and not set yourself back too much then go for it, otherwise keep on saving!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would save the $ for the upgrade! I know that probably isn''t what you want to hear, but would it even be a question if you were between an upgrade or this season''s $350 Coach bag? I''m not saying the circle pendant will go out of style, just like a good bag won''t, but since you brought up the "will it go out of style" debate... Would you be happier with an upgrade in the long run, and getting one faster, or with postponing the upgrade further and gratifying your "right now" lust for this pendant????
9.gif
2.gif
Good luck with your decision...
35.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for taking the time to post your feedback.

DiaDiva - WOW, awesome necklace. I don''t think I have ever seen a 2ctw circle of life before. Thanks for posting the pics. Yours is so substantial yet look so dainty. Think yours could be the biggest one in Singapore
30.gif

movie zombie - I am leaning towards saving for the upgrade too. Don''t think DH will allow it as I just got a new pair of 1.03 ctw studs and did a recycling project a few months back.

Sundial - This purchase is not going put a major delay on my ring upgrade. I love your oval shape one too. If I can find one like yours within $300-$400, I most likely would have gone for it as it a bit different. I just have to vigorously live through everyone''s COL necklace on PS for now
3.gif

Monarch - If it was a nice bag or outfit for $350, I would have gone for it. I spend quite a bit on my work clothes, some of my suits cost more than the necklace but it''s justifiable as I need them. As for diamonds, I will feel very guilty in spending the $350 partly bacause DH does not support my diamond obsession. I will never hear the end of it if I buy that necklace. Took me a long time to convince him to let me work towards the ring upgrade. He keeps saying, this is an obsession not a hobby, so don''t go too crazy over it. Now that I think about it, he spends a lot on his hobby, enough for me to get at least a 5c, hummm now that I think about it, I should tell him that I want my 1.5c NOW
29.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2006 10:25:28 PM
Author: Jewels
Thank you all for taking the time to post your feedback.

DiaDiva - WOW, awesome necklace. I don''t think I have ever seen a 2ctw circle of life before. Thanks for posting the pics. Yours is so substantial yet look so dainty. Think yours could be the biggest one in Singapore
30.gif

movie zombie - I am leaning towards saving for the upgrade too. Don''t think DH will allow it as I just got a new pair of 1.03 ctw studs and did a recycling project a few months back.

Sundial - This purchase is not going put a major delay on my ring upgrade. I love your oval shape one too. If I can find one like yours within $300-$400, I most likely would have gone for it as it a bit different. I just have to vigorously live through everyone''s COL necklace on PS for now
3.gif

Monarch - If it was a nice bag or outfit for $350, I would have gone for it. I spend quite a bit on my work clothes, some of my suits cost more than the necklace but it''s justifiable as I need them. As for diamonds, I will feel very guilty in spending the $350 partly bacause DH does not support my diamond obsession. I will never hear the end of it if I buy that necklace. Took me a long time to convince him to let me work towards the ring upgrade. He keeps saying, this is an obsession not a hobby, so don''t go too crazy over it. Now that I think about it, he spends a lot on his hobby, enough for me to get at least a 5c, hummm now that I think about it, I should tell him that I want my 1.5c NOW
29.gif
I understand completely--my DH just rolls his eyes whenever I''m on the computer because he knows I''m looking at PS and thinking about "our" next purchase, ha ha. He really doesn''t understand my jewelry obsession, just as I don''t understand his golf, football, poker, Vegas, Home Depot, etc. obsessions! I guess it''s a good thing we''re double income couples here, or there would be issues, huh?!
9.gif
Every time we go on vacation I find myself thinking about how that money could be spent on an upgrade or new jewelry purchase (I''m SO bad!).

If you don''t end up purchasing the pendant, at least you will have given yourself another "cooling off" period for a while. If you still love them a year or two from now, or after your upgrade, whichever comes first, AND they are still in style, you can get one then...
35.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
HHHMMMM....Dilema
20.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

I understand completely--my DH just rolls his eyes whenever I''m on the computer because he knows I''m looking at PS and thinking about "our" next purchase, ha ha. He really doesn''t understand my jewelry obsession, just as I don''t understand his golf, football, poker, Vegas, Home Depot, etc. obsessions! I guess it''s a good thing we''re double income couples here, or there would be issues, huh?! Every time we go on vacation I find myself thinking about how that money could be spent on an upgrade or new jewelry purchase (I''m SO bad!).

If you don''t end up purchasing the pendant, at least you will have given yourself another "cooling off" period for a while. If you still love them a year or two from now, or after your upgrade, whichever comes first, AND they are still in style, you can get one then...

Ditto Monarch!!!!! I like your last point. I will wait after I get my upgrade, and see what happens.

Scott S

Rough_Rock
Where did you get your Circle of Life Necklace?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, the necklace is really pretty, and also very *current* -- i.e., I don't recall it being in vogue prior to the last couple of years. So in my mind, that means it might seem dated if worn, say, 8-10 years from now. Then again, it is a very simple design...and simple doesn't usually go out of style. So, who knows! Personally, I would save my money for an upgrade.
31.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jewels,

Make sure your Circle of Life pendant has diamonds with "life." Alot of these pendants feature promotional quality diamonds that are off color and imperfect.

Take a loupe with you when you go shopping. The price usually reflects the quality.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Jewels!
I see you made a decision. ;-) I just wanted to say I''m not sure how long the circle of life/circle of love pendants will stay in style, but I can tell you this. Maybe 1.5-2 years ago my grandmother gave me a pendant exactly like the circle of life. It was very old...She doesn''t remember how she got it but she''s had it for a long time (she''s 88, do the math hehe.) That being said, who knows if they''ll be in style but they''ve been around before!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results