shape
carat
color
clarity

cindy mccain''s earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Ya know, you can say all you want about Cindy McCain should be able to wear whatever she wants but... its not a realistic thought in this environment when Obama gets ridiculed for talking about arugula. When part of your husband''s platform is appeal to small town folks with "small town values" she can wear what she wants UNTIL it becomes an issue, and she either makes a comment or wears something that catches some attention and it becomes an issue.

I''m not saying that that is how it should be, just that that is how it is. I do think that clothing in particular is not as touchy as diamond jewels because she does have to look presentable day in, day out on the campaign trail and everyone has to wear clothes. Diamonds are optional.
2.gif

As for Obama being rich, I would imagine he meets or comes close to his definition ($250k/yr) but NOT McCain''s defintion ($5mil/yr). Certainly he is not poor or lower middle class anymore. He most recently mentioned his single mother in reference to the Bristol Palin flap, trying to warn Dems not to pile on too much, not to prove his poverty-striken upbringing.

And going to Harvard doesn''t prove he''s rich. Private, well-endowed colleges such as Harvard are actually a great place to go if your family doesn''t have money, if you are fortunate enough to have gotten the appropriate preparation (which is difficult for poorer kids). They have long given *generous* financial aid to those that qualify. I know it might not make sense, but for those rare, not-well-off students that can get in, it can be a cheaper education than many other options.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Jenna Bush''s ring is very elegant and pretty.

I also think if you can afford to buy expensive jewelry and that''s what you want to spend your money on - then you should. I enjoy seeing people''s jewelry and while I''d never wear diamond studs that large, I enjoy seeing them on someone else.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 12:14:46 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
if i had her money i''ll wear a 5 ct D IF toe ring....on each toe!!!
Well, most of us do not have that much money. If she wants to appeal to the "average" american, she should tone things down.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 9:20:20 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
This wasn''t supposed to turn into a political thread. Goodness sakes, can''t it just be for the sake of whatever she might have been wearing.. did you like it, did you not.. blah blah blah. Keep the political talk for the political thread. I purposedly stay OUT of that thread because of the political beatings and lashing out.

Come on you guys, play nice.. the question was regarding her outfit.. her jewelry, not her view points on world politics and what you think personally of her. Can''t you just give it a bit of a rest in this thread?

Again, I loved her outfit, its absolutely lovely and if it were affordable absolutely something I''d wear- my opinion.. her jewelry was beautiful. If she can afford it, then good for her.
Ditto SDL! Well said!
36.gif

I loved Cindy''s choice. She is a beautiful woman and she looked elegant. Good for her for NOT wearing the requisite pearl earrings!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 10:22:46 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
btw.. Thank you Skippy, DiamondSeeker & Tacori.. I like my sapphire and diamond ring too
2.gif
As a matter of fact, my stones look bigger than those in Jenna''s ring.. so.. what does that say about me I wonder? Materialistic? Snotty? No.. my husband gave it to me with love and great thought, just as Jenna''s husband did.

Jenna''s center diamond is a family heirloom, her husband''s Great Grandmother Hager. He chose sapphires to be set on each side and apparently has a few small diamonds pave set down the band, in platinum. Seems to me there have been several here that have a very similar ring.
Haha! You snob! Of course, I''m just kidding! If people make those judgements based on jewelry, well, all I''m gonna say is THAT is their own issue to try to move past! And not a reflection of anyone but themselves.

I love your ring more than Jenna''s, though her''s is quite beautiful. Your ring has been an inspiration to many here! In fact, I frequently source sapphire sides for my RB that doesn''t exist...YET anyway! Thanks for posting the pics! It''s always a pleasure to see such beautiful rings!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SDL, thanks for that link. I have been very curious as to the size of the stones in her ring. I do think yours looks larger than hers, yet I think both are a lovely size. I am hoping to eventually get a 3 stone diamond and sapphire right hand ring. Eventually I will get my mother''s 1 carat round, and that could have side sapphires set beside it. Or, I''d love to have a center cushion sapphire with side diamonds. There is no gemstone that I love more than sapphires with diamonds! Classic and beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results