shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb Insurance???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pizzaboy

Rough_Rock
I called Chubb today to get a quote on insuring an engagement ring I just purchased.

I called Chubb directly at 1-877-972-8282, and they told me they could only insure the ring if I purchased it through Blue Nile, or some other company that I can not remember, only two companies??? When I told them I purchased the ring locally they said they could not insure the ring and gave me the phone number of PLI insurance.

This doesn''t seem correct, has anyone else had this problem?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
A few folks have run into this. I, too, couldn't get anywhere with them.

The thing is this: Chubb is NOT the only agent that does cash payouts in the event of loss. Call around to your local agents and tell them you want an "agreed value" rider for your e-ring. This means they will agree in advance as to the value of the ring based upon a written appraisal, and they will pay you this amount in the event of loss.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
You need to purchase Chubb insurance through a local broker that represents Chubb insurance, they appear to only sell insurance directly for rings purchased from Blue Nile which will probably land them in trouble eventually with the insurance commissioner in one state or another for being in some sort of collusion with the seller of the items they are insuring - Doh! We're willing to bet that some idiot in marketing didn't think of that!
eek.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Run a search on Chubb for previous threads, this same Q has been asked before...each thread will have very valuable info. Almost everyone has gotten their diamond insured with Chubb who wanted to, so if you do some due diligence you can figure it out.

Good luck!

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
Also try jewellers mutual. I'm not sure but I think that they are a subsidiary of chubb!!!

anothernewbie

Rough_Rock
I just emailed a local Chubb broker about getting coverage. The said to just fax them an appraisal, they would call Chubb and get a quote, and I could get the coverage immediately. Which I will eventually do, when Mark Morrell is finished making the ring and Christian (AGA) completes the appraisal.
appl.gif

J

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking on Chubb...I just renewed my ring policy...and hopefully they will let me tack Greg's ring onto it when it is finished and not give me the runaround to go to a broker and get a new policy. I have no idea how that all works...but keeping fingers crossed.

pizzaboy

Rough_Rock
Well, I decided to call a local Chubb agent and give it a shot.

They told me that I would have to also have my homeowners or some other coverage to insure my ring through Chubb. I then told them that I called Chubb directly and they said I could have single coverage on just my ring through a local agent. Which by the way, Chubb did not not tell me, they originally said they could only insure me if I purchased the ring through Blue Nile???

The local agent then said she would call Chubb and call me back. I figured it wouldn't work but it was worth a shot. She called me back and said I was correct
confused.gif

This doesn't make any sense. Chubb told me I had to buy the ring from Blue Nile in order to get coverage; my local agent said I would have to also purchase homeowners insurance through Chubb; I told them this was not correct and they said OK.

So it's a done deal; I just insured my ring through Chubb.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Insurance companies totally give you the runaround I have found. You DON'T have to insure anything else through them, they just want you to. So if you call their bluff, what can they say?

Congrats.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results