shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb Insurance Premium in NY/NJ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrNyceGuy

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

WF is shipping my 2.6 ct solitaire in custom setting to me by tomorrow and I have received two quotes from Touchstone insurance (seemed to be recommended around here). The stone was appraised at $20,750 and for that value I received:
one quote for $310/yr with GemShield which has the "like kind and quality" replacement policy, and
one quote for $411/yr with Chubb which has the cash reimbursement policy upon loss or damage. So here''s my question to those with experience in this field.....are these premiums on par with NY/NJ premiums to insure jewelery of similar value ($20k)? It seems really high but for the NY metro area it might just be the norm.

Thanks for your help/advice!

singular

Rough_Rock
2% sounds about right for NY. It''s about the same in SF and a little bit more in LA. Do a search for Chubb NY or Chubb LA and you''ll find other comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results