shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb Insurance in Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello,
I need to have my diamond insured & checked out the Chubb Canada site. Well, I called & left several messages on voice mail early last week & stated why I was contacting them, well, no one called me back.
sad.gif
So then I got a hold of a guy out in Guelph that was on the Chubb website. He point blank told me Chubb will not insure jewelery on its own but has to be included in the homeowners policy as a "jewelery floater" & even then its for homes starting at $450,000. I thought, he''s full of $hit. I then called the store where I got my ring & low & behold they had a name for me to call that dealt with Chubb. Long story short, the ring (alone) will be insured with Chubb. I dont have any questions with this post but just informing you of the hassles I''ve encountered to insure this ring. I feel like calling the guy in Guelph & telling him he''s full of $hit.
appl.gif
LOL LOL If you want to know the name of the guy in Guelph, I have that too. LOL
If any of you are in Toronto or surrounding area & need insurance on your ring, email me & I''ll give you the info you''ll need.

Judy
:)

[email protected]

Rockford

Rough_Rock
I'd be interested in talking to them. I've heard they're relatively expensive. Is that true from what you've seen? Have you shopped around?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rockford,
I didnt shop around. I wanted to insure the ring with a no hassle full coverage company. Yes, Chubb from what I understand, is more expensive than a lot of comp. out there. I like the fact that they will issue a check for the full insured value which give you the control to find your own stone as opposed to them telling you they know a dozen wholesalers you have to choose from. For comparison, for $30,000, the yearly coverage is $750.

I will email the insur. agents name & number privately as I'm not certain he would like his name plastered on the internet.

Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All,
I talked to the Chubb guy on Friday & he requested I not give out his name & number to the general public. He said he actually does a lot of private work (whatever that means in the insurance biz), so I'm afraid he's a dead end for any of you. I would still go to the Chubb Canada website & start calling from the top of the list to the bottom till you get somewhere. The guy I dealt with was still very courteous but he said handling my case was a favour to the person recommending him to me. He also said I am very charming. LOL Hell, if that helps, so be it.
2.gif

Sorry to post this news. Good luck to the rest of you.
Judy

enibas

Rough_Rock
she's totally right -- no need to even leave messages for anyone that doesn't happen to be available when you call: just keep calling until find someone and don't accept anyone trying to pretend like you can't just get insurance for hte ring itslef.

and yes, it's higher priced than some other companies, but getting a check to get what *i* wanted was a priority for us, and with that, yes, chubb was the best...

wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results