shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb Insurance -- in Bay Area, CA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neren

Rough_Rock
I called a lot of registered agents of CHubb iNsurance to purchase a stand alone insurance, unfortunately, they all say they have a minimum of 30K value to be able to do a stand alone? Is this true?

PS''ers of Bay Area, CA, please let me know if you''re able to do a stand alone and if so, please let me know which agent you used?

Thanks a bunch!!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 5:17:48 PM
Author:neren
I called a lot of registered agents of CHubb iNsurance to purchase a stand alone insurance, unfortunately, they all say they have a minimum of 30K value to be able to do a stand alone? Is this true?

PS''ers of Bay Area, CA, please let me know if you''re able to do a stand alone and if so, please let me know which agent you used?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Nope not true.

I can suggest several agents, from whom you can choose who you like the best.

Rockdoc

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
do a search on this..there are a ton of threads on chubb insurance who WILL do standalone policies, and i have posted who i used in the bayarea as well as others have posted. good luck.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's amazing how many different answers you can get from different agents selling insurance
products from the same company!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

neren

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the quick response!! I''m tryng to waddle through all the posting about the insurance
emteeth.gif
so I can find the agent but if you all have it handy please reply. Thanks.

luckylux

Rough_Rock
I got a policy for an item worth ~14K from William Castro @ totaldollar.com. He helped me get the Chubb policy, but is in New York I believe, and recommended by RockDoc. :)

San Francisco

Rough_Rock

I live in San Francisco and have my jewelry insured through Chubb Ins. My annual premium for the coverage is $1,600. That means the agent’s commission on that premium is just over $200 per year, since their commission rate on that type of insurance is somewhere between 10% and 15%. Not much given the number of emails and telephone conversations we had between us to be able to complete the transaction.

Insurance agents, Chubb or otherwise, are no different from you or I, time is money to them. If you insure an item for a hundred dollars in premium for a single item, their compensation for doing all the explaining and paperwork will hardly cover their postage, let alone time.

For that reason do not be surprised if you have trouble finding an insurance agent, Chubb or otherwise, who are willing to offer you their top of the line coverage on jewelry, unless you are going to also let them write other insurance coverage for you as well. You would do the same if you were a Property and Casualty Insurance agent.

San Francisco

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 11:07:17 AM
Author: San Francisco

I live in San Francisco and have my jewelry insured through Chubb Ins. My annual premium for the coverage is $1,600. That means the agent’s commission on that premium is just over $200 per year, since their commission rate on that type of insurance is somewhere between 10% and 15%. Not much given the number of emails and telephone conversations we had between us to be able to complete the transaction.

Insurance agents, Chubb or otherwise, are no different from you or I, time is money to them. If you insure an item for a hundred dollars in premium for a single item, their compensation for doing all the explaining and paperwork will hardly cover their postage, let alone time.

For that reason do not be surprised if you have trouble finding an insurance agent, Chubb or otherwise, who are willing to offer you their top of the line coverage on jewelry, unless you are going to also let them write other insurance coverage for you as well. You would do the same if you were a Property and Casualty Insurance agent.

San Francisco

I know most Chubb agents would react in this fashion.

Things though have changed with licensing with many of the agents I know. However, all of the agents I have touched based with DO NOT try to push other insurance coverages on consumers.

If anyone needs help with this contact me with your state, so I can let you know the most appropriate agent that is licensed there.

Rockdoc

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 11:43:45 AM
Author: RockDoc

If anyone needs help with this contact me with your state, so I can let you know the most appropriate agent that is licensed there.

Rockdoc
Rocdoc, I thought Bill Castro served all areas in the US. Is there anyone more appropriate than that?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results