shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrysoberyl Ring Scare!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In hindsight, it’s incredibly funny now but trust me, it wasn’t at the time. Here’s how it started:

I’m happily driving down the highway admiring my new WF chrysoberyl ring throwing sparkles left and right as my hand is on the steering wheel. Of course, it is at an angle and that’s when I see it - a huge yellow streak that is almost straight across an entire side of the ring! :-o Oh, didn’t I check the ring when I received it? Why didn’t I see this during that one day of photographing it? I attempt to find this horrible scratch or gouge with my nail without success. With my heart beating 60 miles a minute, I make the decision continue driving until I reach my destination before checking the stone out. It took immense self control not to think about the damage or check the ring out further.

Once I arrive, I parked the car and looked the ring over. Sure enough, that horrible yellow gash is still there. I turn the ring over and over and close inspection showed that it shows only on one side at that particular angle. Nothing face up. Phew! One worry down. Perhaps I scratched it with something else? ;( Staring hard at it, it looks like it is under the prong (bar between two prongs)! Hmmm…did WF damage the chrysoberyl during the setting process? :sick: So I keep on looking and finally it dawned on me...

Has anybody else guessed what it is?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'll guess when my heart slows down!!! You just scared the poo dooty outa me, woman!!

Eyelash?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
String from a shirt that got snagged?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
The bar between the prongs??

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Well, don't leave us in suspense, woman! What, what?

My guess is a reflection from the setting....

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a reflection of the shank?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
reflection of the girdle?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Initially, while in the car, I wondered if it was a reflection of the girdle but dropped that idea because the line seemed to go across the stone diagonally, rather than a straight line. Yes, a few of you caught on quickly; it is indeed a reflection of one of the prongs (bar under the prong/undershank or whatever else you want to call it). My relief was immense and I had a good chuckle after figuring it out but prior to that, I was cursing myself for being careless enough to damage such a beautiful stone so soon. :bigsmile:

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock
My heart skipped a beat reading this because your new ring is one of my favorites on PS. I'm so glad it was just a reflection. I'm not sure I would have figured it out and would have probably gone into my jeweler in tears!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew there would be a happy-end! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results