shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrysoberyl pictures

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice cutting!! Can''t wait to see the finished piece and your photos!
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty indeed! It''s going to look gorgeous. What''s the ETA for the finished ring?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Yep, Michael will be doing the ring as well..it will probably be a while tho-later towards Fall is my guess. Whenever we have the funds available. I''m digging the cut so much just in the pictures, so I''m excited to see it IRL!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love it! It''s going to really shine and sparkle.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the zircons as well.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I''m hoping to have them later in the week and I''ll take tons of pics to see what you guys think about the sizes..hopefully it''s all going to work out just fine!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice and they look so good together!

Why does the high crown make the gem more sparkly? I know this is probably basic stuff to most of you.
I''m also interested to know, and I know you would have considered this already PR, but isn''t it tricky having such a relatively "hard" stone set with the much softer zircons?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stones!!

-A

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies Klewis and Arcadian!

I''m not sure why the high crown=more sparkles but would be interesting to find out!

Nope, didn''t think to ask about any problems setting the zircons w/the chryso, Klewis! I just asked what would look good, ha!

Freke sent me a picture of a ring she saw in the eyecandy thread kinda similar, so I spent the afternoon/evening browsing back thru the whole thread again (I have a notebook I took notes on haha) and it''s Megeve''s pink tourm. Hers is 12x7 and looks so huge on her hand (really cool profile too)..can you tell I''m still wondering if mine will work? I''m a nervous nelly.

I sent Michael an email today asking about the rails, and where they would come together in their meet point on the finger. He said it would be on the bottom, and if I''d prefer it to meet closer to the stones he suggested a split shank. He explained what he was thinking and I did this face
19.gif
and will have to wait for pictures. I''m such a pain I think!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2010 9:39:32 PM
Author: klewis

Why does the high crown make the gem more sparkly? I know this is probably basic stuff to most of you.
I''m also interested to know, and I know you would have considered this already PR, but isn''t it tricky having such a relatively ''hard'' stone set with the much softer zircons?
It’s all about the combination of angles that allows the light to bounce around internally and be reflected back to the eye. Generally, a stone with lower crown will appear less dispersive than a stone with a high crown. If you want all the gory details, it is well explained in Rocky Talky as this is very important for colourless diamonds. Do a search on crown/pavilion angle combos and you’ll get more than you bargained for.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 11:38:51 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 5/9/2010 9:39:32 PM

Author: klewis

I''m also interested to know, and I know you would have considered this already PR, but isn''t it tricky having such a relatively ''hard'' stone set with the much softer zircons?

It’s all about the combination of angles that allows the light to bounce around internally and be reflected back to the eye. Generally, a stone with lower crown will appear less dispersive than a stone with a high crown. If you want all the gory details, it is well explained in Rocky Talky as this is very important for colourless diamonds. Do a search on crown/pavilion angle combos and you’ll get more than you bargained for.

Hmm it sounds complicated but I''ll try that search you''ve suggested, Thanks Chrono-

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip Chrono-I''ll check it out too!

Stones are paid for and should be here Thursday I''m guessing. Yippee! New CAD''s maybe that day too. I''m worried the setting might need to be changed too much and lose what I like about the LM ring, but we''ll see! I know I''ll have lots of help to figure it out!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 4:46:02 PM
Author: packrat
Thanks for the tip Chrono-I''ll check it out too!

Stones are paid for and should be here Thursday I''m guessing. Yippee! New CAD''s maybe that day too. I''m worried the setting might need to be changed too much and lose what I like about the LM ring, but we''ll see! I know I''ll have lots of help to figure it out!

Packrat, I found this explanation by Michael_E in a 2005 thread in Rocky Talk

"Optically, high crown angles show more fire because the majority of the light is hitting the entry and exit facets at a lower angle which causes the "spread" of colors derived from white light to be greater."

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhhh! Cool, thanks Klewis!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2010 10:55:17 AM
Author: packrat
and the second pic. What do you guys think??
I think your ring is going to be a knockout!
30.gif
Love the combo!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Brandy!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
wow wow wow gonna be major! I love em!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Velouria! Just a couple more days to wait..which reminds me, I need to get the camera ready!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results