shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrysoberyl from Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jbnyc

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking on PS for a while and finally got around to registering and contributing.

I''ve become interested in lime/apple green stones and have seen many great pictures online. However, I''ve never really seen one up close and personal so I decided to get one on Ebay. It was this auction and I''ve attached pictures as well.

I figured for $9 I can get it and look at it in different lighting setups to see if this is really the cut and stone I am interested in. The stone comes from Cresla, who is listed as a seller in the long list of links on PS and many of their stones fall into line with the prices I have seen on other sites.

This leads to my question, what kind of stone do you think I''m going to get for $9? Is it even real? I guess I''ll know soon once I get it and I can take some more pictures of it but I figured for $9 it was worth checking out.

Thanks for your ideas,
Jeremy

ebaycb1.png

jbnyc

Rough_Rock
Another angle

ebaycb2.png

jbnyc

Rough_Rock
Another angle

ebaycb3.png

jbnyc

Rough_Rock
Final shot

ebaycb4.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's probably real but not going to look very nice in person. It has a strong gray mask and looks to have a good sized window. The pictures are purposely tilted to hide the window. The stone looks to have a low crown so it might also look "flat" (not much brilliance). That's just my guess based on your 4 photographs.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am by no means an expert, but for $9...........I wouldn''t sweat it. It reallly looks pretty decent. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and it will be even prettier in real life!
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d agree with Chrono, but for $9, I wouldn''t worry too much.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think that it is worth the educational value for $9. I recently got a $10 pink spinel off of eBay (I added it onto another purchase to save shipping) and now I completely understand what they mean when they say grey mask or brown undertones. You kind of need to see gemstones in person once in a while.

jbnyc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies, this is kinda what I figured. But you''ve validated my initial thought which is for $9 it''s worth checking out and learning more about the stone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results