shape
carat
color
clarity

Chronicle of Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hey all!

I thought I''d also chronicle what it is like to work with an appraiser for those doing their homework out here for the first time.

I selected Richard Sherwood from Sarasota Gemilogical Society for a couple of reasons.
1) Richard had a good reputation on Price Scope
2) Richard earned my business by responding back and forth to numerous private emails.
3) Richard was very customer focused, listened effectively, yet stood strong by trying to better educate me when I had some strong feelings regarding one of his competitors.

After coming to agreement with cost and logistics, the center stone would be sent from me to him. Richard would appraise the stone and forward his assessment to me to validate that I was indeed getting the stone that the vendor (Good old Gold) committed. As I described in my thread "Chronicle of working with a custom designer" I quickly learned about the challenges and expense that the average consumer can face when trying to both ship and insure a stone of 3 ct. Richard was unbelievable in his willingness to assist me in those efforts!

Listed below will be Richard''s note to me, including 8 attachments that show his appraisal and pictures he took of the stone. The stone is a 3 ct princess (F/VS1) from Good Old Gold.

--------------------
Date: 2004/03/22 Mon PM 08:08:18 EST
Subject: Appraisal

Hi Frank. Absolutely stunning stone. Photos of the appraisal and critique
are attached.

The charge to your credit card will be:

$109.25 shipping & insurance to SGL ($38.85 + $70.40)
$125.00 appraisal fee
$109.25 shipping & insurance to Mark Morrell (sent Monday 3/22 for Tuesday
delivery)
------------
$343.50 total

Very reasonable cost, in my oppinion.......
Now for page #1 of the appraisal:

Princess-appraisal-1.JPG

Picture of stone under diffused lighting.........

princess-diffusedlight.jpg

Picture of stone showing very little light leakage............

princess-lightleakage.jpg

Next Steps...........

Ring designer will return finished ring containing center stone and side stones that were sent directly from White Flash to the designer to the Appraiser. Richard will then appraise the ensure that the center stone was the original, appraise the total ring and then mail it back to me.

Hope this provides insight to some....I've sure learned a lot!

And,again - kudos to Richard Sherwood for the pleasant experience so far!
appl.gif

read.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Thank you very much for sharing this with all of us! I am glad to see that you are still going ahead 'full force' with your amazing ring!!

Colleen
love.gif

Thanks, Colleen - figure the worst that can happen is I put that big icecube in my belly button, but then I'd have to work to reestablish a "six pack" for that cube to keep cold!....LOL

read.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just want to say how impressed I am with Rich's appraisal and his unique format. I think the pics are a great touch and I especially appreciate the diffuse light picture as I have been contemplating adding this to our analysis as well. I also like how Rich shares his thoughts regarding where within the grade he feels the diamond falls too. Nice work Rich.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely fabulous stone...I ADORE that third picture of the beauty on the ruler, eye popping. Great find, excellent choice. I WANT IT!
1.gif

I too love Rich's detailed appraisals! Kudos to Rich.
appl.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/24/2004 12:14:03 AM Rhino wrote:

I just want to say how impressed I am with Rich's appraisal and his unique format. I think the pics are a great touch and I especially appreciate the diffuse light picture as I have been contemplating adding this to our analysis as well. I also like how Rich shares his thoughts regarding where within the grade he feels the diamond falls too. Nice work Rich.

----------------

I agree--I'm very impressed with his willingness to put so much detail and opinion in writing. It speaks very well to his confidence in his work and his willingness to stand behind the appraisal. I don't think you can do much better than that.

appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It is to-die-for!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif

I too really like Rich's style: very detailed yet easy to understand. It's a great format.
9.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Excellent paperwork and photos.... Super job!!!!

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Appreciative-of-expertise

Thanks for sharing this with all of us - great stuff!!!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Thanks, Leslie!

I look forward to seeing the final appraisal when it includes the 6 stones that I purchased through your organization, White Flash. I haven't seen those stones yet but I hear that they, too, are incredible. Pics to come....

read.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I consider it high praise coming from this crowd.

The critique and consultation page I developed for internet clients to answer all their questions upfront. It saves me a lot of time, phone calls, etc in the long run.

You should see this stone Frank bought. Practically set my office on fire.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha... GET THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
1.gif
That is some hot ice huh?
1.gif
Rich ... my jaw hit the ground when that came in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results