shape
carat
color
clarity

"CHROME" ZIRCON - VALUE ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
ANYONE HAS A CLUE ON WHAT THIS GEMSTONE IS WORTH OR DOES ANYONE HAVE A BIG KNOWLEDGE OF "CHROME STONES" . LIKE THE ZIRCON AND TOURMALINE.

WEIGHT: 3,35 CT
SIZE: 8.5 X 8.2 X 4.2 MM

CUT : ANTIQUE FACET
COLOR: TOP YELLOW - GOLDEN CHROME
CLARITY: IF

Chrome stone has a special characteristic. You will be able to see its color as red when you see the stone through a light-filter film or Chelsea filter, x-ray film, or other film types under the strong sunlight or penlight.

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
HERE IS PINK VERSION OF THE STONE !!!

ZR0502170009A.jpg

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
TOP YELLOW VERSION

GFHFGHFGHFGHFGHFG.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of things do not add up here... this is the first time I hear about "chrome zircon" and the first time I see something that pink called "zircon" instead of "zirconia". Are you sure this is not CZ? The yellow could be zircon, but it is nt common to get such a strong color either.

Anyway, new stuff hits the market every day and new commercial names are made up every day. Of course, I am no expert.

When something that spectacular comes up, there's usually a splash. Hot pink and vivid yellow in a material as brilliant as natural Zircon sound way, way tooooooooooo good to be true
7.gif
unless this was the front page of GG, not Ebay.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2005 12:24:31 PM
Author: valeria101
Lots of things do not add up here... this is the first time I hear about ''chrome zircon'' and the first time I see something that pink called ''zircon'' instead of ''zirconia''. Are you sure this is not CZ? The yellow could be zircon, but it is nt common to get such a strong color either.

Anyway, new stuff hits the market every day and new commercial names are made up every day. Of course, I am no expert.

When something that spectacular comes up, there''s usually a splash. Hot pink and vivid yellow in a material as brilliant as natural Zircon sound way, way tooooooooooo good to be true
7.gif
unless this was the front page of GG, not Ebay.

thats what I was thinking also the yellow looks to be single refractive not strongly double refractive like id expect from zircon.
Look at the pavilion facets thru the table.
The arent doubled at all.

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
Yes, This is a real Zircon. Not a cubic zirconia.

for example the tourmaline has a rare deep green "chrome" tourmaline that is deep ruby red under the special light.

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
like this tourmaline
under normal light it is green and turns deep red under special light

TR0411090026B.jpg

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
Red under special light

TR0411090026A.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait a minute ! That pink is not the actual color but some "special light" (Chelsea filter ?) immage... The piece looks yellow, no ?

Like THIS ? The tourmaline example got it clear. At least the case of the pink zircon got out of the way. Just didn't get it the first time - luckily there's Google
2.gif

So... well, yellow zircon and green toumaline get colored by chromium. Cool. Unless the colors in normal light are great, why is this special ? Obviously, this is new to me. Thank you for sharing
35.gif

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
I have a big variety of these stones in my personal collection.
I am thinking of selling my zircon. But not for any price
20.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So is the listing by "Gemandgem" suspicious to you ?

Anyway. Collecting all things red under Chelsea filter sounds like fun. Look at THIS !
9.gif

reserve40b.jpg

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
Yes ,the tourmaline is from gemandgem. I dont have that many pictures of my own stones and wanted to show you the tourmaline also.
The zircon is mine. But I have 6 great crome tourmalines in my collection. Great stones
9.gif

I also have some small andalusite and a huge 6 carat stone in chrome. Have you seen andalusite in chrome color them ? Very expensive
7.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andalusite... something rusty and strangely dichroic. Somewhat hard to find large and/or nicely cut. Interesting curiosity almost never found in jewelry. Some darker reddish brown pieces contain chromium and /or vanadium. That's about all I know about it: being mentioned as a mineralogical curiosity, or an example of odd absorbtion spectrum for Andalusite or byproduct of alumunium smelting.

I don't think anyone has tried to market it based on an intriguing story about chromium content. Anything might work though.

Aside the website of Gemandgem, have you heard of "chromium zircon" ?

SIMCHAMELEON

Rough_Rock
NO,SORRY. HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT ?

DO YOU COLLECT ANY SPECIAL GEMSTONES ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results