shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrome Diopside

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
My mother bought a pair of c.d. earings off of Jewelry TV one night on a whim. The gem is a lovely green color, but I haven''t heard much about it. Anyone have any info on this type of stone?

riogems

Shiny_Rock
It is one of my favorite gemstones. It''s typically all-natural (untreated). You can find clean stones, and they have nice refraction. And they are relatively affordable too. They can be scratched or chipped easier than most stones -- but for earrings and pendants this should rarely be a problem for anyone. For rings, if you know you''re rough on your jewelry, it might not be the right stone for you.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the info!
1.gif

bjpayne

Rough_Rock
Hi Nicole,

Chrome Diopside has really seen a rise in popularity recently - no doubt due to the efforts of JTV and others. It is a really attractive gem with a great color in smaller sizes - it becomes too dark when larger. As mentioned, is great for earrings and pendants. The untreated aspect seems to be quite attractive as well.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results