shape
carat
color
clarity

christmas gift to so, need ideas and advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zalnn

Rough_Rock
earlier today i googled shane co. to see what they had in the ~$250 range that i could buy for my g.f. for christmas. the second link was a negative review to shane co. and it pointed to p.s., curious i clicked and read for about 2hrs!

p.s. got me really interested because i am looking for an e.ring to propose in the spring. i can''t say how awesome it was to find such a wealth of information!!

but back to the original point pf this thread; i need advice on WHERE to buy a set of sparkly, dangly earings for my girlfriend for christmas. its last minute so i don''t have time to order it online. i live in st louis, mo and don''t mind driving to get to a reputable store.

so PLEASE, if anyone has any advice or recommendations of a store in the area, let me know.

thanks,
--joseph

ps; once this is taken care of, i would like help on the e-ring as well. :)

zalnn

Rough_Rock
anybody? anything in St Louis, MO?

mintve

Brilliant_Rock

Is your budget $250? If so, you may be better w/ a set of studs rather than dangling ones. I know a lot of PSers give Shane Co flack, but they are good for some things (in my opinion). You can get a decent pair of studs earring that maybe .25 ctw and for about $250. The great thing about it is, you can always upgrade, as long as your upgrade is $1 more. I know you can upgrade at WF too, but you have to fork out more on the initial purchase (their ready set go earrings are not eligible for an upgrade).

I had a pair of studs from that were given to me by another person and I used them as a credit towards a new pair at the Shane Co. They are actually my x-mas gift! The new pair is about .25 ctw and they were about $240-$250 and are much whiter and sparklier than the ones I had previously. Plus, it’s great to know that the next time I have say $100 of $200 saved up, I can go upgrade to a bigger and better pair and you can keep doing it for ever.

I do not plan on buying my erring diamond from the Shane co, but for a starter set of studs, I think it’s great. If you go this route, do not be afraid to ask to see several pairs of earrings as you will find they are not all the same.

If you prefer to get studs from WF, you can get some for about the same cost (about 4 prong round $260). They have Ready Set Go studs that are about the same size, but you cannot upgrade them.

http://whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/1.htm

Good luck! Girls always love jewelry and diamond jewelry is the best!

zalnn

Rough_Rock
yep, my budget is $250
7.gif

thanks for the reply mintve; the upgrade options seem awesome for the situation i am in, maybe i will upgrade them come valentine''s day :)

w.f. is not an option as i procrastinated and need this by the weekend for christmas.

thanks again,
--joseph

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe some pretty red garnets for the holidays from a local jewelry store; that should be in your budget and I bet they would be lovely. Or a nice watch.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 9:17:04 AM
Author: mintve
Date: 12/20/2007 8:44:55 AM

Author: bee*

I think these are lovely-not sure if you have a store in the area though

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=21247286&mcat=148204&cid=287464&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+287464-r+101424820-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

those tiffany earrings are very nice too! You can never go wrong with jewelry in a little blue box!

Yeah they''re definitely pretty! I love the pearl on them too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results