shape
carat
color
clarity

Christie''s Auction Tomorrow Includes Kashmir Sapphire Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
So, we''re shopping for my e-ring, and I happened upon a notice on Christie''s Geneva Jewels Auction and the listing of the "unique" Kashmir sapphire and diamond ring with the sapphire weighing in at 42.28 cts! Showed it to my BF, who said, "well, it''s a tad out of our budget". The estimated price is $2.8 to $3.8 million! Christie''s Lot Description doesn''t provide much detail on the ring, other than how rare, beautiful and valuable Kashmir sapphires are. Also, they quote Richard Hughes.

I showed the auction of this item to a local jeweler, whose family worked on the Hope Diamond, and he said that the ring would probably go for more than the estimate. Hmm, even in this economy?!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet that thing is gorgeous in person!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! Great find. I wish there were more pictures to indicate just how big this honker is.

brendaman, isn''t this close to the design you want?
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either my color monitor really stinks, or the photo is terrible because that just doesn''t look like top gem Kashmir to me. It looks like it has a grey counterpart to the blue. (??????) It is pretty big though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a find. I wonder if they take Pay Pal?
9.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
TL - I don''t think your monitor is the problem, but more a combination of a poor pic and/or that the stone may be dark and have considerable grey mask with minimal silk. But it is large and of Kashmir origin, and this will be worth a lot to some folks, however, I think I''d be sitting on my wallet if the color depiction is accurate.

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Well, perhaps the price it garnered on the Nov. 20th Auction in Geneva is an indication of the less than desirable color for this Kashmir. It sold for $3,476,000, a little less than the high range of the pre-auction estimate of $3.7+ million. That''s about $82K per carat, but of course, it''s really less, since the auction price includes the setting. I''m glad we didn''t bid on it.
2.gif

Inanna - Yes, this is the style I''m considering for my e-ring.

They had a more reasonably-priced sapphire ring which sold for about $13K. Maybe I should look at their auctions for my e-ring. I wonder if they send more pictures and provide description if you send them a note. A girl can dream . . .

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2008 9:33:33 AM
Author: brendaman
Well, perhaps the price it garnered on the Nov. 20th Auction in Geneva is an indication of the less than desirable color for this Kashmir. It sold for $3,476,000, a little less than the high range of the pre-auction estimate of $3.7+ million. That''s about $82K per carat, but of course, it''s really less, since the auction price includes the setting. I''m glad we didn''t bid on it.
2.gif

Inanna - Yes, this is the style I''m considering for my e-ring.

They had a more reasonably-priced sapphire ring which sold for about $13K. Maybe I should look at their auctions for my e-ring. I wonder if they send more pictures and provide description if you send them a note. A girl can dream . . .
13K for that designer ring with a 5 carat nice sapphire in a platinum/diamond setting is a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results