shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing studs for friend who just got married yesterday — Takahashi choices

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Hi All! My friend just got married yesterday and I’m trying to choose pearls from takahashi for studs. 8-8.5mm. She’s caucasian with blond hair. Any input is appreciated In helping me choose a favorite!

I was sent these two photos:

1679031374983.jpeg

1679031406109.jpeg

I had a hard time choosing so I applied a few photo editing filters In the next two photos. I think they are useful for analysis of body color and overtone color?

1679031611631.jpeg

1679031640950.jpeg

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
A new photo showing Mr. Seki’s (Kan) favorite 3 from the previous pictures… Middle row and top right pair from previous ones.

Top pair is a new one Added for consideration.

1679036129744.jpeg

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Video provided:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both Yy and Mr Seki prefer a more silvery pearl to a super strongly pink pearl. That’s my preference as well, but may not be yours…?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
What is her undertone, warm or cool? If you know that, it's just a case of picking silver or pink. Does she wear white or yellow metals?

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Both Yy and Mr Seki prefer a more silvery pearl to a super strongly pink pearl. That’s my preference as well, but may not be yours…?

Personally, I prefer a lighter pink with silvery tones. For example, I can’t help but think the bottom left pair has more contrast/luster with that darker color reflection of Kan? My two favorite pairs are bottom left and top pair (But I’m a novice at this!). And this isn’t for me. . She is on honeymoon and told me to pick, hah!

Which pair would you pick if it was for you?

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
What is her undertone, warm or cool? If you know that, it's just a case of picking silver or pink. Does she wear white or yellow metals?

No idea She has used YG and WG items… She can tan and has a white but rosy complexion.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I think they're all gorgeous, but whichever you choose will be terrific. They will be in isolation, not next to another, perhaps even more fabulous, pair. And they will love them.

In your place, not that that's any help, I'd decide whether I wanted a pair leaning silver or pink, and then ask Kan for his most lustrous or flawless (depending on your priorities) pair. I have bought only two pairs of pearls, but both times I relied on Takahashi's recommendation and they have done right by me.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
My favorites are the top and the bottom right from the most recent photo. As someone with pale rosy skin, I prefer pink undertones in my pearl earrings. All are lovely and what a kind gift for your friend!!

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
I’ve asked Yy to measure the bottom two pairs (middle pairs in original post images), I imagine if one is 8.1mm and other is 8.4mm, that makes the decision easier!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve asked Yy to measure the bottom two pairs (middle pairs in original post images), I imagine if one is 8.1mm and other is 8.4mm, that makes the decision easier!

Bottom two pairs are my top picks too! I personally prefer the left pair, a more silvery overtone, but that is totally personal preference. Both look lovely!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My skin has pink undertones and I prefer the more silvery pair. Pearls with silvery overtones stand out better against my skin.

I also prefer the left pair of the bottom two.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked at these pics on my computer and now I strongly lean toward the left pair (bottom row of Mr. Seki’s faves) - the right pair, the pinks aren’t the same to my eyes. Right pearl of right pair looks more peachy pink. Left pair is a better colour match, I think.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
I just looked at these pics on my computer and now I strongly lean toward the left pair (bottom row of Mr. Seki’s faves) - the right pair, the pinks aren’t the same to my eyes. Right pearl of right pair looks more peachy pink. Left pair is a better colour match, I think.

Thank you for the hawk-eye, Yssie. Now I see the peach!

In fact, I see the pink/peach it on this 8.5-9mm pair they had showed me as well — although I think there it is a little less mis-matched that on the 8.02/8.08 pair you flagged earlier!

1679286386396.png

I eliminated the 8.02/8.08 pair and asked Yy/Kan if the 8.66/8.57 pair comes across pink/pink or pink/peach in real life. I’ll trust what they say on that one.

Some more pics on the 8.66/8.57 pair:

1679286635499.jpeg

1679286656116.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results