shape
carat
color
clarity

choosing color/ clarity grades

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I am debating whether to choose H/SI or G/SI, H/VS2.

G/VS2 2 carat GIA is around $17K range, too expensive for my budget, H/VS2 around 15k+ range equivalent to G/SI if I drop one clarity grade. Or for same price range choose H/VS2.

Which one is better choice, choose G/SI or H/VS2.

I heard that for SI, choose very good cut for it to shine well. Very good cut costs more than good cut, so between choosing H/VS2, good cut or G/SI1 very good cut, or H/SI1 very good cut, which is better choice since I think all falls same price range either cut or better color grade or clarity will increase price.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Did you happen to look at any of the diamonds that I posted under your SI1 quality post? If you would go to the goodoldgold site, Jonathan has pictures and explanations of all of the diamonds. It is a very informative site, and it might help you with some of your questions. I do not think that SI1 will effect the shine of a diamond.

:))

buttercup

Rough_Rock
your first priority should be cut...then color/clarity.
an excellent cut I SI1 is going to be prettier than a 'good cut' G VS2.
cut has a lot more impact on a diamond's beauty than the differences between G/H and VS2/SI1

buttercup

Rough_Rock
chetlaura suggested some really nice diamonds to you in a previous thread.

if you are looking for a 2ct, but are trying to save some money, i suggest you go slightly under 2 cts.

of Jonathan's (which is actually the same stone that is wrongly listed as H&A on pricescope) is a great choice for only $13,850. It gets a 0.7 EX on the HCA.
the diameter of this stone is 7.93-7.98...an average of about 7.96mm

for $15920.
It's diameter is 7.93-7.96mm...an average of about 7.95mm.

So the 1.9ct is actually bigger than the 2.01ct...see how important cut is?

. he offers a lot more than most real stores do.[/u][/u][/u]

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Would an excellent cut end up costing more than a higher color/clarity combo.

i.e. Ex cut I/SI vs good cut H/VS2 or G/VS2?

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I like Jonathan's stones a lot, and his prices and policy, just that I already have a 1.52 G/VS2 princess cut that I am trying to trade up locally.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Also, I spoke to 2 stores who willingly accept my stone for trade up w/out losing too much money, and both stores said 1.80-1.99 stones are very hard to find, and bc of their popularity, price is not as cheap as 2.0 carat.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
the 1.9 G SI1 of Jonathan's (which is actually the same stone that is wrongly listed as H&A on pricescope) is a great choice for only $13,850. It gets a 0.7 EX on the HCA.
the diameter of this stone is 7.93-7.98...an average of about 7.96mm
=================================================================
I like this stone, but fr. following comment fr. Jonathan, I am afraid i'd see the inclusion w/my naked eye if i look closely, so I hesitate about buying this stone. Price is good. what do u think?
-----------------------------
The crystal inclusion located at 9:30 is the clarity grader in this SI1. At certain angles it is possible
to see the inclusion with the human eye. The casual observer will not see it though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results