shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing between these two diamonds

rhhgrhrthreh

Rough_Rock
Both H colour VS2. Arguable the first seems to have slightly better H colour in the pictures when comparing.

I nearly bought the first one but @rockysalamander suggested a 58% table would have slightly less fire, and there was some slight leakage under the table. I'm very interest in a firey ring so would the second offer better proportions? It also has a cleaner table, and slightly larger diameter. It does have a thin girdle though.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3742610
Table 58%
Depth 61.5%
Pav 34.5%
Crown 40.8%
Crown Depth 14.5%
3742610.jpg

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3613499
Table 55%
Depth 62.1%
Pav 35.5%
Crown 40.6%
Crown Depth 16%

Waiting on the second idealscope to confirm but James Allen said similar to the first (Which they rated as excellent! :shock:), so we will see.

I appreciate there is very little between them on paper, but i know that even small differences can massively affect the performance.

I would be grateful for anyone's thoughts

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 is a great choice. #2 can be equally stunning.
If #2's IS image looks good, I would go with #2. It is bigger.

edit: You may be right. Although I do not want to make any conclusion on color intensity/tint based on JA videos, considering both videos were taken very recently under similar lighting conditions, #1 does appear a bit whiter.

tough choice. But either way, you will end up with a gorgeous stone. I am leaning towards #1 now.. LOL

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, second one is 6.5mm, and face up size matters. I'd go for it as long as the IS is good.

(P.S. Don't concern yourself with what they say, because you'll usually get better advice here.)

rhhgrhrthreh

Rough_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 The second idealscope has come in, and I'm not sure its better. The arrows look bland and significant leakage under the table. Is this just overexposed?
3613499.jpg

I agree, @flyingpig, the lighting set up does look similar so it can only be top of the range V bottom of the range of H colour range.

Leaning back towards the 1ct now

rhhgrhrthreh

Rough_Rock
So reading up more about the idealscope for my compare and contrast, the edge to edge brilliance of the second is Very good, hence the strong white and defined features in the girdle. This is a good thing though according to the website with balanced contrast, scintillation and fire. I was expecting Excellent to be the best but you want balance.
https://ideal-scope.com/brilliance-fire-scintillation/

The more I read the better the second idealscope looks....., there's nearly always some limited leakage under the table, no? When I look at ideal idealscope i can still see a pattern in the table area and its never just red

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2's IS is flawless. It is a handsome looking stone with a small table and high crown angle. If you view both from the side, #1 looks slightly flatter. I personally like the appearance of #2.

Tough choice. Go with whatever your heart tells you.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No leakage under the table, excellent stone and congratulations

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! Post up some pictures when it's set :)

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats. For the record, #2 would have been my pick as well. It looks to be better cut to my eyes.

rhhgrhrthreh

Rough_Rock
https://imgur.com/a/NHdp9

Thanks Guys and Gals, she absolutely loves it.

The brilliance and fire are the best I've ever seen in a diamond in real life situations. Under spot lights it is ridiculously good and sparkles so much

All your help was greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks fantastic. Great job and congrats!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous!! :love: Congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results