shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing between 2 rose cuts

miloz

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
I've been on the hunt for rose-cut diamonds, and after being in contact with 200+ vendors, I've narrowed it down to two (yes, I am picky). Prices are prior to negotiation.

Specs:

1. 0.7 ct, D, VVS2, 21% depth, 7.44 x 1.45 mm, good polish, excellent symmetry, 2500 USD.
- I love the way that it reflects light. You can really see the hexagonal star that is representative of the rose cut diamond. It's the one on the left.

Rose cuts.jpg
2. 0.7 ct, F, VS2, 47% depth, 5.3 x 2.5 mm, excellent polish, very good symmetry, 2350 USD.
- I love the extremely high dome. This was very hard to find.
F VS2_front.png F VS2_side.png

Thanks for your help!

miloz

Rough_Rock
Note: both have GIA lab certificates..

Reactions: AV_

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Which did you go for? They are lovely!

I know this is an old thread - but I am curious - what are vendors you would recommend checking out? I am looking at finding a pair of oval side stones for a sapphire ring!

I might source directly from a jeweler, but I am not !00% it is the setting I want, although I am leaning towards!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
I would usually go for high dome, but I realized the high dome one was not the one that had the nice pavilion. So I would go for the left one in this case.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the traditional domed cut - although it is as shallow as expected, to the thicker rose with a nearly flat table & a stunted pavilion; the thicker is a novelty cut to me, not quite a rose, not quite a round 'portrait' cut (this is one: www.)

A thick flat is not the same as a high dome.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results