shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing a setting

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
So I have finally purchased my stone (a 1ct princess cut) and now it's time to find a setting. I had pretty much decided on this one (custom made for a princess), but then I realized that the roundness might conflict with the square shape for a diamond. Do you think this would be a better choice for a princess cut? Any other ideas are more than welcome. I'm bascially looking for a solitaire with a little something extra.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I better the Eternal Grace from Brian Gavin.

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
Also, I would like to put in a shameless plug to pop over to the proposal ideas section if you would like to help with my princess themed idea.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Eternal Grace of the Vatche Caroline...

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
So you don't think either of those being designed for a round will clash with the princess? It should be fine for a princess, right?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
jaebond|1325812862|3096152 said:
So you don't think either of those being designed for a round will clash with the princess? It should be fine for a princess, right?

yes and I think there are some pictures of those settings with princess cut stones on the websites!

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
I was pretty much set on the Eternal Grace, but now I'm starting to second guess myself and am wondering if I shouldn't just play it safe with the Royal Charm. Any thoughts?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaebond|1325905678|3097027 said:
I was pretty much set on the Eternal Grace, but now I'm starting to second guess myself and am wondering if I shouldn't just play it safe with the Royal Charm. Any thoughts?

Yup. Go with the Eternal Grace. I like the Royal Charm, but the Eternal Grace edges it out. And it is in no way a risky setting choice. It's quite safe and lovely.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love the eternal grace. I think it would be just fine with a princess cut.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Brian Gavin X prong , Vatche X prong, or Eternal Grace would be my choice for a princess.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I guess I'm the only one that likes the Sisley...I would need to see pics of it with a princess first before makeing up my
mind though. I also like BGD EG or the Caroline.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vatche

April14

Rough_Rock
Agreed, eternal grace for sure! It's very similar to my custom setting, only with more bling so I think it's beautiful! The basket in the eternal grace will add security for the center stone and also leave room for sparkle to shine through on the side views! I say this because my sister's princess cut setting has flatter, wider prongs with a basket and you hardly see any sparkle from the side views, but mine has lots of sparkle at all angles due to the setting. But don't judge sparkle on this pic, I just wanted to show you the setting - I had terrible lighting to work with that day but just imagine it... Oh and my stone is a cushion cut, just fyi.
973_0694_0.jpg

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the help everyone! You really helped make me feel more confident in my decision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results