shape
carat
color
clarity

chipped girdle-what to do?!

HappyGlamper

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, but as I'm pretty frazzled, I'm going to get straight to the point.

I've recently been in the market to upgrade my wedding band, and I've been visiting several jewelry stores and trying out different styles to get a feel for what I would want. I have a 1 ct diamond solitaire on a 14k white gold band. I'm always inspecting my stone and the other day, while running my finger along the girdle of the stone, I felt a snag-I think my diamond has a crack in it! It's not an inclusion, and it wasn't there before. I'm a bit fearful that while handing my ring back and forth to various jewelers while they were slipping my ring in wraps/guards/etc, that they could have caused a crack...?!!

Also, I just took my ring to get cleaned and supposedly everything was fine-Of course I'm going to go back and have it inspected further, but has this happened to anyone before? What did you do?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I just discovered this post while looking for how to deal with the chipped girdle in my own stone. I'm sorry you didn't get any answers when you posted. How did you end up dealing with it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results