shape
carat
color
clarity

Childrens Beds?

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Hello folks,
N with be four in January and has been in a toddler size bed since she was two - it is extendable but its far too narrow so she needs a bigger bed. I want to get her this one -

http://www.aspace.co.uk/beds/single_beds/anastasia_bed-3180_antique_white.htm

My husband is concerned that when she gets to about six she will want a raised or cabin bed so that she can make a den/deskspace underneath. He thinks she will grow out of my choice too quickly and as we have a son its a bit too girly to pass down to him.

We could get a more unisex bed, there are plenty of white ones around, but I know that she will LOVE this bed and my non practical side (er, all of me then) thinks shes only going to be a little girl once so why not get her the fairytale bed.

What would you do? If anyone has slightly older children did they go into a cabin bed or just stay with a regular single bed?

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's GORGEOUS! I would like that, as an adult. No way would I swap that for a bunk bed or whatever. I would have adored it aged 4, too!

My girl has an antique double bed, because that's what was in her room back when it was a guest room, and I had no where else to put it. If you have the space, maybe think about going for a small double version of this lovely sleigh bed, so that she can 'grow' into it and still love it as a teenager?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I would get that bed - I think it looks lovely!

I'm afraid I'm very anti-bunk beds for children under about 10 - my brother fell out of one when he was 3 and had bad concussion and a suspected skull fracture (fortunately it turned out he didn't). A friend of my mother's 4 year-old also fell out and was left hemiplegic as a result. Since then I am paranoid about the things - even though the ones with desks underneath are ideal for saving space in London flats!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer the double bed idea is a good one and it would certainly make sure she doesn't roll out - she currently has her duvet on sidways with the ends tucked in to stop this.

Pandora thats awful. I have to confess that growing up, my twin sister and I had bunk beds and I was always too scared of falling to sleep in the top bunk, she never fell out but it doesn't surprise me that it happens. I wouldn't ever let her have a full height bunk, but assuming she is not a big chicken like me when she is older I wouldn't object to one this high

http://www.aspace.co.uk/beds/raised_beds/newport_bed-3088_oak.htm

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, the double bed means she's never rolled out yet - when we were on holiday, she slept in a small single, and hit the floor several times a night, poor lamb!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh that is beautiful! I love the color and I adore sleigh beds! London has my old full (double) size bed right now. This winter JD will be building a new twin bed for her similar to the one he built for Trapper a couple years ago..tho Trapper's is way too high and needs to be taken down a little. There are two long doors on the side of T's bed and open storage underneath which is nice, plus if there's nothing under there they can play and hide in there if they have a light. It's handy if you have a small house, that extra storage space (no box spring-the mattress sits on a thick piece of wood so you really do get a lot of space under), but if you did the sleigh bed, you can buy things to slide under for storage anyway. That bed really is lovely, and I know I would've loved it, and my 8 year old daughter would definitely love it if given the option!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Neither of my kids ever wanted a cabin bed. Nor did they want to sleep in an upper bunk. I love the bed you've picked. My DD found the foot board on her bed to be annoying once she got to her full height so when she hit 5'7" we bought a full size bed without a foot board. Of all her friends not one of them had the elevated bed.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
That's really nice Lottie, and a height that doesn't scare me!

If you have the space, I would possibly go for a small double rather than a single.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to just go for it and get the sleigh bed, rang up to order it and was advised by a very nice person that it was more than likely to be in the sale which starts mid December, so if it wasn't urgent would I like to hang on? Yes, I would.

Not sure how thrilled I would be if I was the company owner but as the customer I am very pleased.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results