shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago Field Museum Grainger Hall of Gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s some opals. They refused to cooperate in my photo and were much nicer in person. Lots of sparks of color in them.

graingeropals.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This angel necklace had watermelon tourmaline for wings. You can see a better pic of it in the interactive exhibit link I provided.

graingerangel.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still beautiful. Thank you for showing them to us.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Some truly amazing pieces! Thanks TL!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, regarding red beryl... I always wanted to have one but they told me that it was almost all mined out or heavily included. A jeweller told me it was too soft to deal with. But isn''t it should be no worse than emerald in handling/setting?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite is the Tahitian pearl necklace. I love all the jewellery designs and mounting even if the gemstones are not quite the level of quality I would expect. The detail of the jewellery is breathtaking though. Thank you TL for indulging us PSers.
36.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic photo-tour, TL, thank you very much.

The diamond exhibit you refer to, I may have seen it stopped on its travels at the Houston Museum. It was splendiferous even though I don''t like diamonds, LOL.

For those of you ever in Houston, the museum has a fab gemstones ehxibit and jewelry exhibit as well as mineral specimens. I went twice on 2 different days before we went home. Well worth it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re all very welcome!! I just wish my pictures were better.
8.gif
I apologize for that.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping for weekend onlookers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results