shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago Area GTG??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Since the NY and Boston ones are being planned, I''d love for a Chicago one to be put together. I''m hoping there are enough interested PSers to make it happen - anyone in?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could be interesting...I am in Western Suburbs.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh fun!!! I wish I could go; the Chicago people are wonderful,
12.gif
I was lucky enough to meet a few last spring! Can''t wait to hear about your GTG!
35.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve missed the last few but I''d really like to go.
I''m in the northern suburbs, about twenty minutes from Chicago. I''m in, if I can make it!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I''m in MO, but could possibly go, depending on when it would be...

Kat

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''d be interested! I''m in Wicker Park.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m glad people are interested!

What days/times work best for you guys? I have class but I''m free on Fridays and weekends, pretty much anytime.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am free Friday afternoons and all weekend usually.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there! We usually have a Chicago area GTG around the three gem shows a year that take place in Rosemont (May, August and December) but I''m always game for another one. I live right downtown (about a mile from the Sears Tower) so it''s easy for me to hop on the highway and get pretty much anywhere. As a realtor my weekends get pretty booked, but Fridays (and any other weekdays are good).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, now I live close enough that I could plan to make one...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kinda far away but I will be in that area (kinda) around Easter if anyone would like to meet the Friday before.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m always up for a Chicago get together!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m a couple hours away but due for a Chicago trip to see some close friends - depending on the weekend, this may work for me, too :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Let''s plan on a Friday then. If it''s ok with you guys, let''s meet in the city? Maybe the 23rd or 30th?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I could possibly sneak away from the office for an afternoon depending on the date...please, keep me posted...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Like the ladies in the NY GTG thread were saying, a public place would probably be best. Depending on how many can make it, I was thinking the Ghiradelli cafe on upper Michigan. If we have quite a few people, we can move it to a bigger location.

Thoughts?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Bump

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Were you thinking of Friday afternoon, or evening? I could do evening. It might be tough for people who have to come a fair ways, though.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m fine with either. If evening works best for everyone, let''s do it!

How does location sound? Let''s say the 30th? Gives people more time to figure out schedules, if need be

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could come to an evening get-together. I teach way out in the suburbs, but I live 20 mins from the city.

When and where?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey, before we set something in stone, should we move this somewhere else (i.e. not public forum)? I was thinking of moving it to the PS group on FB. Are there other alternatives to figuring out a date/place without posting it here?

EDIT: I looked through the other GTG threads, and it looks like they're just posting it on the thread.

So how about Ghirardelli's at 7 PM, Jan. 30? It's on 830 N. Michigan. I figured if it's too crowded, we can move it to Borders cafe next door

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
bump?

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
That would work for me.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sign me up!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!

So far, three confirmed then:

Me
Pjean
Dee*Jay

Any others joining us for an evening of terrific hot chocolate and sparklies?
2.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it doesn''t snow I can come!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Great! Looks like some snow early next week but hopefully Friday will remain clear

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 10:29:27 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Hey, before we set something in stone, should we move this somewhere else (i.e. not public forum)? I was thinking of moving it to the PS group on FB. Are there other alternatives to figuring out a date/place without posting it here?

EDIT: I looked through the other GTG threads, and it looks like they''re just posting it on the thread.

So how about Ghirardelli''s at 7 PM, Jan. 30? It''s on 830 N. Michigan. I figured if it''s too crowded, we can move it to Borders cafe next door
Hey I didn''t know there was a pricescope page on facebook! How can I join? I have always wanted to come to a GTG (I''m in the Quad Cities, about 21/2 hrs away from Chicago). I was a little freaked to show up at an event wearing my blings!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do we get to the FB page?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just search for "Pricescope" - it''s restricted access (you have to message the admin)

Sizzle, I did a double take - I thought for a minute that you were 21 hours away!
3.gif

So far then:

Me
Pjean
Dee*Jay
AprilBaby (weather permitting)
Sizzle - you in?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results