shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheered Myself Up With a Pearl Purchase from PP!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I actually like the really thin wires, because I think it makes the pearl look as if it's floating. Nothing interferes with the look - there's just the pearl. It's probably as close to an "invisible" setting as you can get, so that's why I like it.

I'll do some photos in the next day or so.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my camera out so here are four shots. I found it very difficult to get ear shots - these are the best two of about twenty! Sorry there aren't more. The last one, I covered my face but wanted a shot of the earrings together so you can see how feminine they look from a distance. Apologies if it looks a bit funny!

_29337.jpg

_29338.jpg

_29339.jpg

_29340.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are wonderful on you! They're so metallic and the shape is very elegant. This was a wise purchase-- you'll get lots of wear out of them :appl:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
What a great way to cheer yourself up! They look lovely on you.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them!!! Now I really DO want to buy a set of WG ones. They look great on you. I love how yours are a bit more drop shaped than mine (mine are a bit more oval). Beautiful luster too!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Those look great on you, Jambalaya. Nice, lustrous and big!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@Jambayala- Wow! Very pretty. I bet you feel all better now too!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, those earrings appear to be floating!
a very nice look on you....and i'm loving the size!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very pretty ! :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
The are gorgeous! I love the shape of your pearls! I might have to order a pair for myself...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
beautiful

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Babynurse - thanks! Yes, I will get lots of wear out of them. I think it's a very elegant look for just over a hundred dollars!

Kay - yes, a great way to cheer myself up - I find that PP is great for that because they have really nice items that don't break the bank, which is always an important consideration when it comes to impulse purchases!

cmd2014 - thanks! Well, now's your chance to get the WG ones, with the 20% off... :naughty:

Tucs - thanks! I'm glad you think they look big - I actually think I could easily wear bigger!!

seaurchin - yes, I feel all better now! Who said that things can't make you happy??

moviezombie - thanks! Yeah, the wire is very thin but I really like it!

Katbran - thanks! :wavey:

ricezo - go for it! There's 20% off now on the PP website.... :naughty: :naughty:

crickett - thanks! :wavey:

It's ridiculous the amount of pleasure a 100-dollar pair of earrings can bring. Pearls can be such a good deal. I'd highly recommend these earrings to anyone. I was afraid that the skimpy setting would look cheap but it's very elegant.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jambalaya! I bought a pair of the larger size with the yellow gold hooks. Erin at PP was super helpful and is swapping the hooks for the slightly thicker shepards hooks for me. Can't wait to get them!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Ricezo!!!! :appl:

Please post pics - I'd be very interested to see the thicker wires.

Hope you get lots and lots of pleasure out of them! :wavey:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Looking great Jambalaya! The yellow gold wire really makes the white pearls pop!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Jambalaya|1429931375|3867457 said:
Yay Ricezo!!!! :appl:

Please post pics - I'd be very interested to see the thicker wires.

Hope you get lots and lots of pleasure out of them! :wavey:

They arrived today!! They are gorgeous and I love them but I'm definitely not used to wearing dangles - they feel weird on! They will be special occasion earrings for dinners and nights out. :))

_29958.jpg

_29959.jpg

_29960.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
ricezo, I hope you become comfortable in dangle earrings and wear them all the time -- they're beautiful!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo and jambalaya, those are gorgeous new pearl earrings! I really like how classic they are, you can dress them up or down for any occasion :love: :love: I'd better stop following this thread now, because it might be dangerous for my wallet.. :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mochiko!

Ricezo - they're lovely! We need ear shots! Wearing them only for special occasions? Noooooo! The pearls need to see the world! Don't condemn them to life in a box!

The only thing is, the wires on mine are seriously thin and even my rubber backs are too big. I'm going downtown today to see if I can find some tinier rubber backs for them. I see yours have the thicker wire, which also looks good and is sensible. I love the delicate look of the thin wires, but they're definitely less practical!

Once I get some better backs, I'm going to wear mine a lot! :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine a ton despite the thin wires, and have never had a problem with them falling out. My only issue is that the thin wires creep me out (for no rational reason other than my over-active imagination).

I have to admit that I was tempted to buy a WG pair, but was saved by PP being out of the larger drops.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have succumbed. I did a live chat with Chenai, and she is going to see if she can find me some larger drops to get WG settings for. The only barrier is that they might be running quite low on stock, so we shall see. I love the fatty drops that you guys got! Mine are much more oval.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful drops...I adore the drop shape as I prefer to wear an earring that dangles, or hangs rather than a stud. These are all beautiful examples of very wearable and versatile pearls!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I really do love them - I just need to get used to the dangles! I'll post some pics in the what are you wearing thread! :wavey:

Cmd - yay! Please post pics when they arrive!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you all can help me pick my drops. Here are my choices (stock is low, so this is what they could find):

_30019.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I like #2 and #4.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, #2 and #4 depending on the overtones you prefer.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for #2 and #4.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
2 and 4 do look best. I like the shape of 4 best but the overtone of 2 best.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh good. Those were the two I was looking at too. At first I thought maybe pair 1, because I like how smooth they are, but I worry that the asymmetry will bug me. I like pair 4 best, but with the eye ring instead of a cap in the french wire setting, I worry a bit about the dimpling at the top of the one on the left. I like pair 2's shape a bit less, but they have the advantage of being smooth on top. So I've asked for additional pictures of those two pairs to see if I can get a final choice.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
2 4 and 5 for me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results